Year 3000 (Busted Edition) (Chapter 20)

Start from the beginning

You guys start out being so attached to one another. You do everything together! Tell each other your deepest and dumbest secrets. They see you cry and get upset about the biggest and most minuet of things. You guys watch each other fall in and out of love with various people. Achieve different goals and accomplishments together.

You become family to one another.

Until you don't.

You aren't as attached anymore. A surgery has been performed and you're no longer conjoined.

There's no more doing things together or telling each other the deepest and dumbest secrets. He hasn't seen or heard me cry, laugh, or get angry in years.

I have no idea who Ari is dating or in love with currently. IF he even is doing either of those things right now. For all I know, he may be involved with Charlie again.
He doesn't know any of my nightmare dating stories or the ones that were successful.

What even are his goals now? His accomplishments?

We aren't involved in each other's life anymore.

From time to time, more often than I would like, it saddens me. Occasionally, it will cause a bubbling anger to rise within me that makes me want to deck him in the esophagus for leaving me behind after all we've been through. And on rare times, I don't care for him anymore.

But those are very rare because if I didn't care anymore then that will have meant that I moved on from our friendship and our chapter together.
No matter how hard I try, I can't. I love him. He's my best friend. Or at least he was. A part of me still desires to have him in my life and to achieve that again in anyway I know how. I would do just about anything to have him back in my life.

It was graduation day for Maya and I and the countless other graduates that struggled with us for the duration of our grad school career

One thing I was so grateful and appreciative about was the fact that Maya stayed by my side. We stayed by each other's side and never left. We both sailed/struggled through undergrad together at the same HBCU and both just about perished during grad school. She has been there for me through thick and thin. Good and bad. Ups and downs.

The both of our families were in attendance to cheer us on like black and afro-latino families do, but I think I was her biggest fan watching and screaming my head off for her as she went across that stage.

I thank God for my best friend Maya.

In all things gloriously HBCU, the campus had a post-graduation block party for the graduates and their families. It was one of the biggest parties of the year and the school did not fail in sending off their students in an amazing fashion.

There were catered foods representing all across the African or African descended diaspora, concert performances from different famous black artists and an array of artists graduating from the school, a fashion show by the graduating fashion students to show off their work, games, and so much more. It was a party for all things black and black people and it just made me so happy.