"Uh, don't know. Just sort of... appeared. I guess."

Gerard was a shit liar, the shittest liar he'd ever even become aquatinted with, but at least he was a self aware shit liar.

"Bullshit."

Well fuck, Gerard thought, sighing once again because today was not his fucking day.

"Are you finished?" Gerard asked Frank, gesturing to his mostly empty milkshake.

"Stop avoiding," Frank said with a frown, "what happened?"

"It's nothing." He said with a lot less confidence than intended.

"Gerard." Gerard groaned out of frustration and ran a hand through his hair.

"I fucking- a kid drew on me, okay? I fell asleep and some fucker that probably eats chalk, drew on me." Gerard said angrily, irritated and finally feeling the lack of sleep catching up to him, though he can't complain too much since he had slept more today than he had in three weeks, what- with all the working and agony.

Frank was quiet, seeming caught off guard by Gerard's sudden outburst. Gerard didn't really help prevent the awkward silence, he just let it consume him until finally the guilt set in, and he wanted to punch himself in the groin.

"I'm sorry.." He mumbled out of the corner of his mouth.

"S'okay." Frank said softly, almost like he was trying to defuse the ticking time bomb that was Gerard.

"It's not, I shouldn't have snapped- I just," Gerard trailed off, "'M not used to having people ask about me."

Frank seemed to relax a bit at his words but still seemed cautious. He didn't say anything for what seemed like ages but was a mere two minutes, but when he did, Gerard nearly passed the fuck out.

"You're kind of hot when you're angry."

And that was it, Gerard felt his mouth go dry and his heart ram against his chest angrily as he stared in utter shock, because fuck, Gerard did not hear that right. Did he?

"J-Joking- you're joking right?" Gerard wanted to die, he really did, and judging by Frank's amused laugh, he should.

"Nope." Frank said with a chuckle.

Gerard didn't respond, he was too busy planning on the first attraction he was going to visit in heaven because there was no way this was real life- and if it was, it was probably a fucking joke. A fun prank Frank had been fermenting for months and set into motion the moment he found Gerard and his sad life choices, and practically dead hair.

"I.." Gerard didn't exactly know what his response should be, and judging by the way Frank was looking at him, he should have already said something, but he couldn't, because his mind had turned to jello and his fingers were now trembling.

"Can I get a cup of water?" Frank asked randomly, watching with a raised eyebrow as Gerard swallowed the lump forming in his throat and nodded.

"Coming right up." Gerard squeaked.

~[|]~

Gerard thought that maybe that would be the last time Frank would comment on something like that, but he was wrong.

With their meet ups becoming more frequent and Frank becoming a lot more forward and blunt, it really shouldn't have come as a surprise when he just blatantly said he thought Gerard looked cute. Gerard wasn't about to assume it was flirting, because he didn't really posses anything a normal guy would want in a partner; looks was off the table, stinking rich wasn't even in the dining room- and if things were based on intelligence, then Gerard was already fucked.

At the moment however, Gerard was unfortunately not with Frank, but instead with his younger brother, once again, because Mikey had wanted to order pizza and their health-addict of a mother had of course declined, so he practically blackmailed Gerard into inviting him over for fast food.

They were curled up on his decently sized couch, watching the remainder of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

Mikey picked up the last slice of pizza, practically flopping it over his mouth as he kept his eyes trained on the screen. Gerard would have laughed, but he was too busy obsessing over Frank to even remotely give a shit about Mikey's weird eating tendencies.

"You're not watching." Mikey stated, not moving his eyes from the TV.

Gerard didn't say anything, just let out a small breath.

"Is something wrong?" Mikey finally turned to Gerard, immediately pausing the film to look over at his brother fully, his pizza slice only half eaten as he nibbled on it.

"Of course not." Gerard said, and he was only half lying, because there technically wasn't anything inherently wrong, he just wasn't in the mood for action movies- he was in the mood to reminisce about all the dreamy romantic things he could be doing on a Friday night instead of having a fucking Indiana Jones marathon with his stick of a brother.

"You're lying," Mikey rolled his eyes, "just tell me quickly 'cause I wanna keep watching."

Gerard snorted, "Then do, I'm not stopping you."

"But you're worried, I know you are. You bite your fingernails when you're nervous." Mikey said, glancing down at Gerard's hands.

Gerard raised an eyebrow, "I'm not biting my nails."

"Yeah, you're not. You're playing with your hair- which means you're even more nervous than I was when Mom came to clean my room when I had all those weird porn magazines."

Gerard's face scrunched up in disgust, and he wanted to tell Mikey just how inappropriate and gross that little detail was, but he was too busy trying to find the perfect excuse to use on him.

"I'm worried about something at work." He said finally, watching with cautious eyes as Mikey frowned in dissatisfaction.

"It's about a guy, isn't it?"

"... No." Gerard shook his head slowly, rolling his eyes deeply when Mikey began to laugh loudly.

"God you're shit at lying."

"Just watch your fucking movie." Gerard groaned, grabbing the remote hastily and un-pausing the movie in an attempt to get Mikey to shut the fuck up.

"Fine, but this isn't over." Mikey mumbled absently as he focused back on the TV, and Gerard let out a calming sigh of relief.

☾☾☾

hey again,

sorry for the random author's note-

i just wanted to say thanks for all the support on this book, it's really cool of you guys and it means a lot :)

anyway, yeah, we got some saucy stuff coming boys, till next time