CHAPTER 2

A.N.// Hey guys! I'm sorry for the late update. Its been a while. A typhoon passed and the power was cut. I wasn't able to update my story. Despite that I decided to share a chapter with you all.

And thank you for reading Chapter 1 and 2. :)

Comment and give a heart. Please, I love to hear from you all.

Tip:
"*"  Start of Flashback
"***" End of Flashback

CHAPTER 2

I woke up with a smile on my face. I had a fantastic dream, and today might fill my story with flashbacks.

"Nia, come downstairs," my mom said.

My mom doesn't like to wait long. She taught me not to let people wait, and yet I still have a few seconds to close my eyes, and think about him.

*

"Nia, come downstairs," he said.

Slowly, I walked down the golden decorated stairs, and I taught this was our most special occasion yet.

I was dressed in a silky red dress. Slow to flow like autumn leaves blanketing the garden floor.

That moment, I was thinking about how we ended up like this. If I hadn't met him, maybe I wouldn't have these special moments.

It's our anniversary, and there he was - waiting.

***

"

Nia, wake up," my mom said.

"Be right there," I said back.

I went downstairs, hoping to eat breakfast.

"What's the matter, Mom?" I said. "I can stay up late mom, you know."

I opened the door, just before the porch.

And then I saw him. He was standing at the porch and dressed in a coffee buttoned-up dress shirt.

It's autumn and the wind is blowing, but he just swept it away like a leaf lost in the wind. I saw him near this time.

Why is he here now?

I quickly hid behind the wall, just near the open door, to eavesdrop.

"I was wondering if Nia lives here, Ma'am," he said. "I was hoping to ask your permission to talk to her."

And for what?
And how did he know my name?
I never told him that.

"We met together at the cafe yesterday, and I have an important message."

"I don't see any problem," my mom said.

*

As I walk down, my mom was waiting at the end of the stairs. She knew that this man I spend time with is perfect for my wild soul. She knew that this passion burns like candle fire - slowly burning yet alive and free.

"I knew it," she said, "The moment I saw him, I knew it. I'm happy for you both."

***

"I'll get her," my mom said.

I rushed to my room, and slowly crept into my bed because he can't see I'm still wearing my pajamas. I thought, maybe this is like the flashbacks I'm having. The one that I don't understand yet, but would have a happy ending. And I would say I'm glad we've gone through it.

I looked at my alarm clock. It's passing.

Maybe we have a chance?
And yet, what am I so scared of?

I changed to my best casual clothes, but not too casual that he would assume I knew he was here. I chose to wear my best shorts and an oversized t-shirt.

*

"You look good," he said.

"Thanks, I'm happy you liked it."

Today was a very special occasion, something we organized, something we planned for a while. My family and his are all invited and we are the star of the show.

White tables and chairs were symmetrically aligned from the center, stereos are in check, and all we need is to start this now. Women are dressed in red and men are dressed in white. White and red roses are on every table.

We have an announcement.

***

"Nia, someone is waiting for you downstairs", my mom said while knocking.

"Coming Mom". I tied my hair as quick as I could and rushed down.

As I was near the porch, I could feel my body stiff and shake. Irony as it is, but I was shivering ice cold yet stiffed as iron and steel.

"Who is it?" I sounded not too obvious.

*

We both walked to the front of the crowd. I was shivering as the icy wind passed through.

"Thank you for coming here," I said. "I know that it's such a bother to come here and being here, on this floor of autumn leaves, I vow to this man that I love him so much that I wouldn't know what kind of happiness I was blessed to have and deserved."

"And to all you guests," he said, "today is a special day for this day, we mark our day not as lovers, but as husband and wife."

***

"It's me, Alex. We've met in the cafe before, right?"

Yes, we did. I mean, I treasured that memory ever since.

"You need to come with me, I have something important to tell you."

Will he tell me he loves me? Isn't that too soon? But who cares.

"You'll be named Alexa from now on, named by the Trident Co. All that you love and will love would be held to a close. "

Wait,

"What are you talking about?", I said shaking.

"I'm sorry, protocol."

He held me around my waist, pressed some buttons, and the next thing I saw was miners and iron bunkers built underground.

Am I still dreaming?

A.N.// If you reached the end, thank you very much for reading. It's a little bit rough but I ensured that the plot was still there. Hope you enjoyed it. Let me know what you think. :) Todoolo. Always share love. ❤❤