22. Louis & Liz

*Not edited*

Harry Styles

I've been staring at my phone sitting on the desk for nearly an hour. My heart is pounding anxiously in my chest as my hands tremble in frustration.

As soon as Stella Rose answered my call I could tell something was off but never had I imagined that by the end of that call she would be breaking it off.

When she hung up I immediately tried to call her back, which only lead to her immediately denying any and all of my attempts. I sent multiple texts begging her to call me so we could talk through what she was feeling and what the media was saying, but I only felt my heart break further when I was left on "Read."

I leaned back in the rolling chair, my hands rubbing over my face. I felt my lip begin quiver and my nose begin to sting at the thought of it really, truly being over between Stella Rose and I over something so frustratingly stupid.

The media twists anything and everything to make it into something it's not. I've seen it happen with myself before, as well as some of my best friends in the industry.

Before I could even let myself get more upset, my phone rang.

I immediately sat up, quickly snatching my phone, only to find myself disappointed when it wasn't Stella.

Nonetheless, I answered it, a welcome distraction from whatever the fuck just happened, "Hey, mate."

"Harry! How are ya?"

"Hey, Louis, I've been better." I scoff, hoping he didn't notice my off demeanor through the phone.

"Well, could you stand to join Liz and I for some early dinner? We're in LA visiting some friends and I saw on the news you're in town as well." Stella's cousin cheers.

Louis and I got on rather well when Stella and I attended their baby shower a few months back, closer to when we first got together. We briefly kept in touch and we've met for drinks when I've been back here and in Oregon for work related trips.

I debated staying at the hotel and wallowing in self pity while I waited for Stella to reply to me for the night, but going out for dinner seemed like a better coping mechanism than making myself even more miserable. "Sure, Lou. What time were you thinking?"

We made plans to meet at a local pub restaurant in an hour and I eventually got up from the desk, after watching my messages from Stella for a few more minutes, to change my clothes and freshen up.

I had to wait for security to escort me to the pub, being as I'm in LA, paparazzi and fans tended to follow me a bit more, so security is a precaution.

Oldies music is blasting as soon as I walk in and I immediately spot Louis and Elizabeth sitting at the bar, sipping on drinks.

Louis is quick to wave me over as I push my way through the crowd of people waiting for tables and he stands, pulling me into a hug.

"Harry, mate! Glad you could make it."

"Thanks for inviting me, I needed to get out of the hotel for a bit." I replied, turning to his wife who had also stood up, "And you, Liz, you look wonderful."

Liz and Louis' baby was born just over a month ago. She was a cute little kid from what I could tell in photos.

"Thank you, Harry!" She grinned, hugging me back.

We took our seats at the bar and I ordered a screwdriver. As soon as it was slid over the bar to me, I immediately felt my chest tighten a bit remembering that this was the only thing Stella Rose would order on our first date at Niall's pub.