21. Harry the Homewrecker?

*Not edited.*

Stella Rose Wilder

I returned to work after our long weekend feeling like a new person. Luke had been let out on bail on Saturday but was practically home bound since the news outlets got word that we had decided to press charges. I'd managed to avoid social media for the entire rest of our stay at the cabin, so I had absolutely no idea what was being said, and frankly, I don't think I care much.

I strolled into the office sipping on my fresh latte that had been delivered to me by my new assistant, Jolie. She was a sweet college student looking to get her foot in the door of the fashion industry.

Currently, I was finishing up the rest of Harry's commissioned suits while also beginning designs for the next line to go out on our website. It was nice to get back into the groove of things after the craziness of last weekend and I felt relaxed at work for the first time in a while (likely due to the fact Phoebe was no longer in my life).

I blasted some music, a playlist Harry had made for me, while sewing a sleeve onto one of his suits. I hummed along, keeping my focus on the fabric and the thread.

Soon, however, I was interrupted by the door opening up. I held my left hand up, signaling to give me a moment to finish what I was doing, before I was able to shift my focus to the intruder. However, it was only Jolie.

"Hey, Jolie. What can I do for you?"

"Hi, Ms. Wilder. The PR staff asked me to ask you to check the email they've sent you immediately." Jolie answered, seeming nervous.

I furrowed my brows, nodding as she continued to wait in the doorway while I rolled my chair over to my desktop. I clicked frantically trying to open the email, finding only a list of links with a short message asking me to check them out and let me know if I would like them to do something about it.

I opened the link and was brought to a tabloid article, my stomach immediately dropping at the title.

Harry the Homewrecker?

I clicked back to the email, opening the other links to find articles from other sources with similar titles relating to last weekends incident.

Is Harry Styles Breaking Apart Stella Rose Wilder's Family?

Stella Rose Wilder's Ex-Husband Turns Violent After Discovering Her Newfound Relationship with Harry Styles.

Luke Michael's Jailed After Altercation with ex-wife, Harry Styles' newest GF.

More articles bashing Harry for supposedly destroying my relationship with Luke followed and my blood was practically boiling.

Luke and I's relationship was far gone way before i even met Harry. The recent issues I've had with him were due to Luke's pompous, entitled attitude, not from Harry and I's newfound relationship. These tabloids had absolutely no right to write these things about Harry.

I sent an email back to my public relations team requested that they contact the outlets with a statement from me clarifying that issues within my family life were due to the aggressive, immature, unacceptable actions of my ex-husband, not due to Harry in any way.

I sighed, rubbing my hands down my face as I dismissed Jolie, letting her know it was taken care of, before returning back to my work. However, the task of finishing the jacket today soon became futile as I found myself too frustrated by the articles to focus on seeing for more than a few seconds.

Eventually, after trying for nearly an hour with no avail, I made the decision to head home early and released Jolie as well. I informed the rest of the office via email before packing my tote bag and heading out to my car to begin my commute home.