16. Coffee Date

*Not edited*

Harry Styles -

"Are we there yet?"

"Almost, love."

"How long?"

"A couple minutes. "

"Can I get a muffin?"

"Yes, love."

"Are we th-"

"Yes!" I finally announced as I pulled into a parking spot just down the road from the coffee shop we were going to.

Stevie cheered from her spot in her booster seat behind me, clapping her little hands together.

After gathering my things and helping Stevie out onto the sidewalk, I aided her in putting her backpack on and we made our way to the entrance of the cafe.

As we waited in line, I could see Stevie's eyes widen in awe at the case full of pastries. I smirked, squatting down to her level, resting my hands lightly on her shoulders.

"You can pick one, Stevie-girl." I murmured, kissing her cheek to make her giggle.

"Ummmm," She hummed, raising up to her tippy toes to get a better look, "Can I get a pumpkin muffin?"

I nodded before looking up to see we were next and the young woman was waiting patiently, glancing around the shop. However, when I lifted Stevie into my arms and stood in front of her, her eyes widened in shock, face flushing red.

"W-What can I get for you?"

I nudged my nose against Stevie's cheek, "Tell her what you want, Stev."

Stevie smiled, "Can I please have a pumpkin muffin and cocoa?"

The girl nodded, typing it in, before turning to me, "I'll just take a caramel latte and a chocolate croissant for here. You can make her cocoa for here too, she'll like a mug."

Once the transaction was complete, I let Stevie pick where we would sit, following her as she skipped over to a booth right in front of the window. "Harry, can I sit next to you?" She asked as I set my stuff down on the side that backed up to the window.

"Of course." I nodded, lifting her to sit next to me.

I helped her set up her coloring tools and tablet, a princess movie playing through her headphones to distract her while I did some computer work for the new studio in Portland. Ford was with Stella's dad having a "boy's day" along with her brother, Kane, so I'd taken it upon myself to have a day out with Stevie.

It's been a couple of days since I came home from my business trip and Stella has been busy at work, designing custom dresses and suits for other celebrities who had recruited her since seeing me in one of her pieces at the charity event we went to together.

I was proud to see her business flourishing and becoaming something she truly felt passionate about. Since we've been together, I've seen her open up tremendously. She went from this shy, almost angry girl who was held up on her shitty ex to this bright, exuberant woman that doesn't take shit from anyone.

Though she won't admit it, I know she's scared for the upcoming meeting with the lawyers about custody with Luke. While I can't see how anyone could possibly vote in his favor, the world can be a fucked up place and I have to admit, I'm nervous as well.

"Here you are, guys, enjoy." The waitress said, delivering our pastries and drinks to the table.

"Thank you." I responded with a smile, moving to help Stevie pick up her hot chocolate, "Be careful, love, use two hands." I instructed.