seventeen - come back please

Start from the beginning

"what are you doing?" she could not stop questioning herself after stopping in her tracks for what must have been the fifth time in the last hundred metres.

"it's a simple thank you, it's basic courtesy." she settled herself and after what felt like ages, inched her way into a seat at the top of the stands.

peering down, she spotted yeonjun immediately, and he was toweling his hair dry after a shower. ever since her realisation, she could not help but feel her heartbeat quicken whenever she saw him.

even from a distance, he was practically glowing, and minyoung lost herself even more as she stared. she deliberated if this was really something she wanted to do.

"i heard that you helped," she practiced before cringing, "no, no."

"thanks," she pretended to reach out for a handshake, "what am i doing?"

"this racket's pretty cool, thanks," she thought about this line for awhile, "seems legit... ugh who am i kidding?"

"i hope it's not me." a voice spoke up from behind her and made her jump.

taking a deep breath, she plastered a smile onto her face, calmed her erratic heart, and turned around.

"you had something to say?" he spoke again, and minyoung snapped out of her daze.

"i was just... passing by." she gripped her racket tightly and made to leave.

"wait." as he grabbed her wrist, her heart nearly popped out of her chest and she flinched.

he let go, hurt etched onto his face.

"i tried my best, with that," he gestured to the racket she was holding onto, "i hope you liked it."

"it's perfect," she could not help saying, "i like it very much."

"right," he scratched the nape of his neck, "i'm sorry if i did anything that's making you avoid me, but please come talk to me when you want to sort it out."

she saw red.

"avoiding you? you've been avoiding me!" her quick temper rising.

"no i haven't," he said hotly, "you're the one who went all weird and started it!"

"because you viewed me as a burden! i'm simply relieving you of it, that's all!"

yeonjun did not answer immediately, and she could see the puzzle pieces in his head fitting neatly into place. his hand shot out and grabbed hers before leading her away from the stands, where curious eyes had started to gather.

she struggled, but his grip was so strong as he walked determinedly that she had no choice but to follow. even when they stopped in front of a very familiar door, he did not answer any of her questions and simply led her in before closing the door behind him.

"now that you've kidnapped me," she gestured to the door he had barricaded with his body, "can you tell me what this is about?"

"take a seat," he nudged her gently towards one of the chairs before dragging one for himself, "i'll explain everything."

"there's nothing to explain," she was beside herself now, "i heard you, and i understand. now, move."

yeonjun had been smart enough to place his chair between minyoung and the door, such that she could not leave. but her emotions had already gotten the better of her, and she attempted to push him out of the way.

"don't," he said gently, grabbing her arm as he did so, "your arm just recovered a while ago."

"stop it!" she jerked her arm away from him once more, "stop being so hypocritical and being so nice to me when you don't even want to! your actions confuse me, and i hate that even though i'm supposed to be angry at you, a simple gesture like that makes me lose it all, and i can't even be mad at you because i like you that much!"

she panted heavily, glaring at him as he stared back at her with an unreadable expression. 

with her emotions running high, she barely registered the scraping of a chair before she was being pulled into his embrace. at his touch, she found that she lost all her energy and she sunk weakly onto her knees, him following her. as she sank into the warmth that his presence invited, she fisted the fabric of his shirt in her hands and took in the strawberry scent she had grown to associate with him.

"i missed you." his breath hot and ticklish against her ears.

she hesitated before uncurling her fists and letting her arms wrap around his waist.

"i missed you too."

+this...looked better in my head...a slightly shorter chapter because i really wanted to end like this, will make up for it (hopefully) in the next chapter!

edited as of 14/01/21

i made it longer!