Chapter 16

Bossing the Boss

Three days since I am here and I don't exactly know what Miss Morgan is doing with me here. I mean she is right next to me but her mind is elsewhere. "I asked you for coffee Miss Morgan, not cold drink. Why have served it cold?" I asked. She took the coffee and left. 

"You are being harsh on her unnecessarily nino, she needed to be treated with a little empathy and need to be pampered." I tried it didn't I? but guess what Miss Morgan doesn't speaks the language of love exactly.

"I thought you are against us Mother" "Perspectives can change. Mine had and yours should too. Now, if you are going to keep her close you need to change how you handle things," I saw her luggage, "Are you going somewhere?" I asked. "yes, the diner had run into some problems and Anette needs help with few things. I will be back as soon as the things smoothen up." And she is telling me now?

I saw Miss Morgan coming inside and saw my mother with the suitcase. "You are going somewhere madam?" She asked politely. "Yes, Iris, I am going home to Canada, it is something I need to do. I trust you with my son. I think you can handle his daily schedule and his tantrums?" "Mom I am not a child." I complained 

"Yet, sometimes, you act like one nino."I sometimes think she says these things on purpose, Still, I am enjoying her doing all this, because growing up I don't exactly have this privilege of having her next to me.

She kissed my forehead. "See you soon nino, don't put too much stress over yourself and take your medicines on time, By the time I return back I want to see you up on your feet alright?" She said. "I will try to get well soon mother but no promises all right?" I told her. She smiled and took her luggage. 

"Wait mum, I shall call my driver and he shall drop you off to airport." "No need, I have my designated driver" As soon as she told this Ezra came up. He knew my mom was leaving, but I didn't? what kind of son was I?

"Are you ready Mom?" He asked. And he calls her mom too. "I will be back soon nino, take care alright?" I nodded. She left with him. "I know that look on your face Mr. King, you are envious of their relationship." I heard her voice. '

"I don't know what you are talking about." She kept steaming cup of coffee on my bedside table. "You are envious of Mr. Olyphant and your mother's relationship. It is natural when you don't have the same with your mother. You don't want to share her with anyone because most of your life you haven't got her next to you."

"I don't envy my brother." "You are telling this now Mr. King" Her voice dropped low barely a whisper "But everyone has a dark side, you have that too." "Do you have one too?" I asked. She only smiled at response. She started to leave and I asked her 

"Where are you going?" "your mother had prepared an elaborate schedule for me to follow Mr. King. Apparently, you are not the only one who feels envious, clearly it runs in the family."

"What is it?" I asked as I heard her footstep coming inside. I was going through a very important file. It was due tomorrow and yes, it is my secretary's work to maintain these not me, but since my present secretary is acting as my nurse, so I don't have a choice but to do all these works myself. "I need to check on your wound and change the dressing." I kept the file aside and looked into her eyes.

"Miss Morgan, you can say this easily, that you want to touch me. I will let you trust me." "Behave, I am your doctor and you don't flirt with your doctor if you don't want to end up dead. Remember, I know everything about your body and exactly what control what. You do want to become a father in the long run don't you Mr. King?" 

Was that a threat? "Only when you are ready Miss Morgan." She pressed along my wound accidently and I almost screamed in pain. Damn this girl, a simple no would have sufficed.