Chapter 30

Eloping is the new trend

She is not going to elope that was what she had told me loud and clear. But I am not letting it go this easily. If we have to marry, why cannot we marry, just me and her. Is it really necessary to have everyone else around? I do not understand her logic. I do not understand why she do not want to marry me by eloping.

Maybe she doesn't want to marry me and only agreed so that she can refuse later.

No, she told me she loves me. That is not false was it? I have faith in her, when she told me she loves me. That was not a lie. I must have faith on her. If she is telling me that she cannot marry me now, my best option is now to wait. I looked at the cards lining my cabin. It had been two days since I have returned and almost a week since I have last seen Miss Morgan.

She just left a small letter for me telling me that she needs to think this through before she takes the next big step. She didn't tell anyone about anything, not about our engagement, not about the words I told her about loving her. But she didn't say a word to me, she just left without telling anything to me. While I needed her the most, she just left me.

I just left the hospital few days ago. And I still am in pain. But I don't think it was entirely because of the accident. I think it is little because of Miss Morgan and her habit of running and being cryptic. My PA came in with some files in his hand. "What is the report?" I asked. "She had been seen taking the bus towards downtown LA, and then from there she was seen in Vegas. Now, she is in their in some casino, I think" Yes, she might be, but not for long not when I am on her trail.

"Thank you, text me the address and I shall haul Miss Morgan back to where she belongs" He chuckled. "Sometimes I think you and Ezra are much more alike than you look." He maybe right. But I am nothing like Ezra Michael Olyphant. In fact, I am far worse than him if I want to be. "Alright texting the address now."

Minutes later I received the address. I wonder what is she doing here. Never mind I will find out myself and when I do, she is going to answer me right away. I called my pilot and told him to get the plane ready and that we will be flying to Vegas as soon as possible. I just need to pick up one more thing. That is my mother's ring which was I kept hidden away safely.

I safely kept the ring in my pocket. And then I told the pilot to took off. I am coming for you Miss Morgan and this time no one can Keep us apart. For nothing. And that is what I am aiming for tonight. "Sir, you need something?" The flight attendant asked. "Yes, get me something strong." I need to muster up all my courage for when I get there, I might need it, God knows I need it.

"Sir you should fasten your seatbelts we are about to land." Vegas here we come. Last time I was here was... I actually don't remember being here. Maybe I did maybe I did not. Because my teenage years are all rebellious one, I think. So, I might have been here with my friends. But that is a time I quite don't recall at all.

"Sir your car is ready, we will take you wherever you wish to" I nodded. Sometimes you got to enjoy the things you get when you are a billionaire. I told the driver the address where I wish to go and then I relaxed and saw the things this city has to offer. The lights played along over the establishments. I watched as the inner kid inside me leapt with joy to see the wonders of the world has to offer.

The car stopped and I saw the place. Here she is somewhere inside. And she is not expecting me to find her this soon. But Miss Morgan will be in for a very big surprise. I smiled at myself and checked the package in my pocket once I assured that it was safe, I decided to find Miss Morgan.

"Champagne sir?" One of the servers asked. "Thank you" I took one from his hand. "Want to try a hand sir? What are you looking for might just be it" Not exactly? "Tonight, I have my eyes on a big prize." I said. "So, you wish to try for the jackpot? This way sir on that table." While I am here then I say why not?

"Not again lady, how are you beating all of us? We thought it was just beginners' luck." The man complained. The girl laughed. "It was a fool's errand to assume this was beginners' luck. But you assumed it so this is your fault." The girl said and that voice something I know from heart.

I sat down in front of her. "Why don't you try the same trick with me My lady?" Her eyes got bigger in response she looked shocked, no she looked afraid. She should be I was not the one who had ran away from their responsibilities did I? "I think I had enough for tonight." She said trying to get up. "Enough? Well I think one last hand will not harm you Miss, beside let's make it all or nothing game. And the winner takes it all."

The men around me exclaimed with excitement and begin telling her things like what are you afraid of Lady? If it is not luck what are you so afraid of? I smirked. If I cannot get to her then these men can easily. Time to play Miss Morgan. Time to play. "Are you both ready?" I nodded. "Let's get this over with." She said. "Place your bets." I get my chips in and I looked at her "All in" She said.

"Sure, you are staking a lot on this bet, you can lose it all." I warned her. "What a little game without a little risk? If you cannot get on your game, you cannot just wish to win." If that is how you want to play then Miss Morgan, I accept your challenge. "Deal" I said to the assistant. He nodded. The men around the table joined in too thinking they can actually beat me in this, but they all are in for a surprise.

"You know I have a bad habit of getting what I want to, once I set my eyes on the prize there is nothing anyone can do to stop me." I told particularly to no one. "You should let do the card the talking for you, rather than blabbering about your habits" Who knows more about my habits then you do Miss Morgan? Maybe that is why you do not want me to blabber about anything at all. "We will see about that," I said.

"Show the cards," The assistant told. One after another they showed their cards. Miss Morgan was the second last to show her card. I remained still not telling anything. "looks like I have done it again." She said. "Hold on this gentleman here haven't showed his hand yet." One of them said. "Probably he doesn't have something worth showing, he lost and that's something he doesn't wish to admit, isn't it?" Miss Morgan mocked me.

"I guess, as you said let's the cards do the talking." I said placing the cards down, "But that's..." "Yes, that's four aces. And I think I am taking the big prize home." I told her placing a kiss on her cheek. "It was a nice game gentleman." I shook their hand. She looked away. Oh, Iris you are a sore loser. I never expected you to do so. But since you have lost, you got to pay a penalty and something you are not going to like Miss Morgan. Not a bit.

I was waiting for her at the elevators and she arrived after five minutes. "Miss Morgan, fine surprise seeing you here." I said, "I wish I could say the same to you Mr. King. Now I wanted a little bit of me time. But you have to just barged in."

Oh, she is very angry, isn't she? Very much angry indeed. "I given you time and I expected you to return Miss Morgan. You left the injured me alone and left. Without any word. I waited for you Miss Morgan. But you, I don't think you have any intention of returning back Miss Morgan." I told her.

"You have figured me out it looks to me" "Maybe I did, maybe I did not. But since I am here and since you are here, I might just follow my original plan and get married to you," I said. "But I don't," "You don't get to decide it every time. Miss Morgan. You cannot control it every time you wish to. So, I suggest, this time you follow me and we shall get married, I thinks this is a perfect place for that. And now Miss Morgan, all I need is my bride and the deal shall be complete." I said.

"You don't understand, "She protested. "The thing is Miss Morgan; I do not need to understand anything. I just need you stand with me on the alter, and say I do. wasn't eloping was all about that Miss Morgan?" I asked. "But shouldn't we wait for..." "No, we shouldn't we are getting married because all I need is you with me and all you need is me with you. Nothing else. And this is Vegas, we can find anyone to marry us off here." I said.

"Excuse me son, I heard you are looking for someone to get you married, I can marry you, I am a minister. And I can arrange wedding certificates if you like us to," I smiled. "Yes, I think we would like that Sir. Very much." "Then come with me and I shall marry you two offs." Good news Miss Morgan. At least you cannot escape me now. I will not be going to let you escape now.

Word Count: 1759 Words