A Flower Full of Hope : Part 2

Start from the beginning

     "Did someone order more short ribs?" A waiter came in hesitantly noticing my strong gaze directed towards my brother.

     "Oh over here!" Choji cheerfully answered ignoring what Shikamaru has said and quickly began to cook the meat over the grill. "All mine so no one get any funny ideas and steal any."

     "Don't worry about it," Shikamaru tiredly answered annoyed of the situation. "I wasn't thinking about it."

     'Oh god...' I sweat dropped glancing up to Asuma who also held an awkward look in his eyes.

     "What the heck are you guys doing? Barbecue in the middle of the day?" an all too familiar voice chimed in from outside. Gazing out towards the window I was meet by the judging eyes of a red rose holding Ino. Standing beside her was Sakura holding two daffodils. "What are you doing Shikamaru? Aren't you suppose to be training for the final exam?"

     "I have been training. All-day every day," my brother answered a little defensively. "Asuma is so persistent."

     "Actually Choji has also been joining us for some special training," Asuma chimed in with a chuckle. "Shizuka and I are training them hard!"

     "In exchange for food of course," Choji pipped in as he continued on munching down on the grilled meat.

     "Well, that would explain it..." Ino finished off as she shot Choji a stiff smile.

     "Oh man, I shouldn't have held on for the Final Exam," Shikamaru gloomy expresses as he leaned back closing his eyes.

     "Don't be ridiculous!" I exclaimed reaching out to hold my gaze with his. "There are plenty of people who would wish to be in your position!"

     "Your sister is right," Sakura strongly agreed as she too slightly scolded Shikamaru for not expressing excitement.

     "Besides I heard Kurenai's and Guy's team are training even harder now," Asuma 'nonchalantly' added in.

     "Ya, what about it?" Shikamaru asked acting indifferent.

     "Well..." Asuma started off, "you wouldn't like them to make you look bad right? After coming this far?"

     "Aww, man..." Shikamaru lazily answered back knowing now that he had to try harder. "This is such a drag."

     Shooting Asuma a grateful smile I happily reach over to Shikamaru ruffling his hair. "Well, there is no use complaining now," I teased as he tried escaping my grasp. "Where are you two young ladies heading now with those flowers?"

     "Actually we are heading to the hospital to visit Sasuke and Lee," Ino expressed as she gently touched the rose petals.

"Just trying to lift up their spirits a bit," Sakura whispered defeatedly. "Especially Lee's."

'Mmm, I guess they don't know that Sasuke is being trained by Kakashi right now...'

"That's sweet of you girls to do," Asuma expresses proudly as he shot them both a smile.

"You know what let me go with you both I would love to see how Lee is doing," I expressed concernedly as I rose from my spot in the booth. "Thanks for the invite Asuma and here this should cover both the boy's meal as well as my own."