Never really fake

Start from the beginning

"James! You're back! Now we can get married!" Jessabelle instantly clung into James.

"Jessabelle...can't...breath..." James gasped between breathes.

Then, without a word, Jessie pulled her double ganger off him.

"Excuse me but..." Jessabelle trailed off when she was face to face with Jessie.

The two had never been so close and it stunned Jessabelle how much Jessie really did look like her. Sure, she had heard it before, but never really believed it. Until now, when it felt like she was standing in front of a mirror.

"Stay away from my husband." Jessie growled, threatening.

She then walked past the rich girl and over to James, pulling him along to continue the walk further into the house. It took Jessabelle a moment to register what was just said to her.

"What! But she can't do that!" Jessabelle exclaimed to James parents.

"We have a lot to discuss." Abigail stated.

The trio finally made it to James old room. Though it didn't look old and looked to be made for a king. Jessie went and clasped on the end of the bed. It was only the afternoon and this small deal made with James parents nearly exhausted her.

"Well, that was sure something." Meowth commented.

It was silent a few more minutes before Jessie sat up and stared heavily at James.

"You. Have. Some. Explaining. To. Do." Jessie growled.

"I know, I know." James raised his hands in surrender. "But might I just say thank you for going along with this so willingly AND for the Jessabelle scene earlier."

"You're welcome." Jessie said quickly. "Now, answer my questions." James nodded and sat down in a chair. Jessie hesitated a bit and a light blush dusted her cheeks. "Did you mean it when you said you love me?"

"What? No...of course not...I just had to make it sound convincing." James smiled awkwardly.

Meowth rolled his eyes and tried to keep from making comment. Now was not the time for that. If he was going miss with them, he was have to tread carefully. Not only for his own wellbeing but for the sake of their little fib.

"Good. But this better be the best wedding ever." Jessie snapped.

"I'm sure it will be. My parents don't do anything unless it's big and flashy." James laughed a bit.

"Great." Jessie stated. "Just dandy."

"James! Come here a moment! We need to have a word with you." Abigail called.

"Coming!" James yelled back. "See you two later."

James then stood up and left the room. Once he was gone, Jessie flopped herself back against the bed with a heavy sigh. Meowth then cam and sat beside her on the bed.

He wondered about his teammates strange behavior. He never would have expected her to go along with this so willingly or making demands afterward. Something was definitely going on with her.

"Hey Jess?" Meowth broke the silence.

"What?" Jessie groaned.

"What's going on with you?" Meowth asked. Jessie didn't respond. "Cause I've never seen you so passive. Especially with your big romantic dreams of finding your Prince Charming."

Still not word, which left Meowth even more puzzled. By now, Jessie usually would have been ranting and raving about being forced to marry James. Yet, not she was silent? It didn't make sense. Unless...