Chapter 7- The Feast

So happy Thanksgiving guys even though I'm posting this at 11 o clock so it's the next day for some of you, if you don't celebrate holidays then happy day.
Also if you don't celebrate Thanksgiving just think of this as a normal get together feast. If you want.

Warnings: lonnnnng chapter, bite, bad parents, sad Remus, insecurities

Remus read the invitation over and over. His heart melted at Roman's writing. He missed his brother very much, they didn't talk as much because of their parents. But now they were older and could do what ever they desired.
Now the real question was who should be his plus one. Well it wasn't a hard question, he only had one friend: Deceit.
He decided on asking him about the feast tomorrow when they hung out again. As for now though he curled up in his dumpster and slept.

Remus awoke to a little kid banging loudly on his dumpster. When he finally got out of the dumpster, the kid's eyes grew wide and he ran.
"Bleghhh" Remus mumbled out. He stretched and looked up at the rising sun. He sat there for a moment until  realization kicked in and out of the dumpster he ran. He grabbed the invitation and started up the trail to the cave.

Deceit was anxiously waiting for Remus to come, trying to calm his nerves by reading a book. All the "what if's" clouded his mind. The preoccupation with his thoughts made Deciet jump at the knock on the cave wall.
"You know you can just walk in remus? This is an open cave!" Deceit chuckled out, while fixing his tail coat that got stuck in something when he jumped.
"Heh? Oh yeahhhhhhh!!!" Remus swayed in keeping the invitation behind his back.
"What's that?" Deceit asked, pointing to the slip of paper Remus was clearly hiding.
"What's what?" Remus asked innocently.
"I-" Deceit paused to sigh. He went to say something but decided to say something else. "So how was your morning?"
"Well other than a random kid waking me up from my peaceful dumpster sleep... It was nice." Remus showed a toothy grin, one tooth missing.
"Well that sounds nice." Deceit's back slumped into his chair.
"How about yours?" Remus sat down across from him.
"Lonely..." Deceit mumbled.
"Huh?"
"I- I mean boring." Deceit nervously chuckled out.
"Well do I have just the thing for you!"  Remus jumped up from his chair and ran over to deceit showing him the invitation. "My twin brother invited me to his Thanksgiving feast!"
  Deceit's face looked puzzled. "You have a brother?"
"Mhm he's my twin, but we were seperated when we were younger thanks to our parents." Remus looked down for a moment but quickly gathered his excitement before. "So would you mind coming with me? And don't worry about your face the baker who is hosting this feast is very nice." Remus smiled expectantly.
  "I-" deceit paused. He didn't know what to say. Though all in all it was free food. But would the town even accept him back. No. That's for sure. Even if this baker dude end up liking him the village will always fear him.
   His thoughts were broken by Remus humming to himself. Deceit stared at Remus for awhile. Remus has done him so many favors in the past. Deceit pushed everything to the side and chuckled. "sure."
  Remus gasped. "YAY!!" he jumped up and down. If the cave was a house it would have fallen down. "You going to love the baker. I don't know who my brothers plus one might be but let's hope he is nice too!"
Deceit chuckled. He thought back to all the thanksgivings he spent alone. Thanks to Remus he wouldn't be alone this year. A smile smile placed itself on his face.

"Don't forget it'll be this Thursday! Meet you at the entrance of the village!" Remus shouted running out of the cave.
Deceit watched as Remus ran outside his cave under the dimly lit sunset.

The day of this feast had come and Remus could hardly wait. He had no other clothes but he made sure to smell nice by carrying flowers in his pockets. He looked through his smudged mirror in the dumpster fixing his hair with his fingers.

Meanwhile Deceit was scanning ferociously around for a good outfit. He only had three but out of them the best was his suit. He grabbed the suit and a matching yellow bow from the ground. "Am I dressing to fancy?" He asked himself. He decided yes and went back to his normal tail coat and hat. He smiled at his accomplishment and walked out of the cave.
"Hello my dear slithery friend!" Remus smiled playing with his mustache. Deceit cringed at the name touching the scaly part of his face. He completely forgot what if they think he is a freak.
Remus' eyes grew wide. He completely forgot about deceit not really liking his curse. "Uhm I mean..." He thought for a moment. "Listen deceit you scales, I mean they are pretty cool and you are really rocking that hat!!" He tried.
Deceit still was a bit peeved at the first comment but all his pent up frustration melted away with remus' idiocy. "Shall we go I guess?"
Remus paused to laugh. "Shall??!! Are we rich fancy land owners?!"
Deceit chuckled a bit too. "How about, let's go."
"Sounds much better!" Remus let out. They walked down a couple of alleys because of deceit's nervousness. Soon they came across a small cottage in a corner of the village. It looked to have a hot pound of steam coming from the red chimney. The wood was mixed in with a bit of stone and the little bit of moss hung to age the cottage up a bit.