Chapter Twenty-Three.

Start from the beginning

It's last period and usually I would leave, but honestly I just wanted to hang out with the two of them. I missed them in the few days we were gone. I also just want to spend as much time with my friends as possible. The inevitability of leaving in July is fast approaching, not to mention the fact that everyone's going to be away for college at the end of the summer.

"Have you ever noticed that Mr. Osmond looks like Oscar from Shark Tale?"

"Cam.."

"Don't even lie. You know I'm right. I can't not think about it when I see him."

I let out a light laugh as Lindsey narrows her eyes at him. She sighs, quickly defeated. "Damn it."

"You see it too!" He exclaims. "He looks like a mix between Oscar and those bug eyed fellas."

"Now you lost me."

"Those goldfish with the huge eyes," he further explains. "The ones who's demise was always the tank's filter."

"Cam, what are you talking about?"

"Oh, come on." He leans back in his seat, exasperated. I glance up from my book with an amused look before I continue to read. "You've never had a goldfish with big eyes? I would come home from school and see the poor dudes dangling from the filter by their eye."

"That's so awful," Lindsey laughs. "The poor fishies."

"Forget about the fish! Imagine how I felt coming home from school, young and naive, and finding my pet's dead body hanging-"

"Oh my God- Finn. Oh-"

My eyes stop scanning the beautifully written words as the room becomes terrifyingly silent. My heart slows so much I feel like it's about to stop. What's going on?

"Fuck, Aves. You're so much better than I could of ever imagined."

I head snaps to Cam, my eyes wide. He stands up abruptly, searching for the location of the recording. Oh my God. Oh my God. Oh my God.

There's a noticeable cut in the recording before my Finn's low and seductive voice rings out again. "Keep your legs like this, baby. Relax."

My hand flies to my mouth at the sound of my own moans and Finn's grunts. Cam is now running around the cafeteria to try and find the source.

"Oh God, Finn."

I put head in my hands at the sound of Finn's hums. "So good."

I'm so hyper aware of the sound of Finn telling me to fucking come and my cries for him that I don't even realize that Cam found the speaker. He shuts it off and angrily chucks it at the wall.

Everyone in the room is silent, all their eyes on me. Perverted and unwanted gazes from the teenagers crowding the high school cafeteria, all of them making my skin crawl.

I feel like everything is muted and in slow motion as Lindsey takes my arm, trying to get my attention. I look at her, my jaw slacked. What the fuck is going on? How did they get that? Oh my God. Finn didn't record us, did he?

No. No way. He would never do that, right? But then how did an audio recording of that night just play through the study hall? We were alone in a hotel room in fucking Canada. How the hell is there a recording of it?

Oh, God. I can't breathe. I can't see. The walls are falling in. I need to get out. I need to get out.

I shove my book in my bag, which seems like the least of my worries but I do it anyway. I stumble over my chair and scramble for the door, only barely hearing Cam and Lindsey's muted calls for me.