The powers, the pain, the message

Начните с самого начала

I gave up and got dressed. It was the weekend so I had no school (Not like Tony would let me go anyway). Peter was sitting in the lounge alone when I got out. Steve and Wanda were talking in the kitchen, so I went to sit beside Peter.

"Hey, Percy." He greeted. "How're you feeling?"

"Better," I lied. He suspected nothing and went with it. "Do you know if there's a library nearby?" wow, I sounded like Annabeth. That's really saying something. Peter looked at me for a moment to realise I was being serious.

"Now why would a kid with dyslexia want to go to a library?" he asked, confused.

"Secret project." I grinned. "Urgently important," I add. He stands and gestures for me to follow him to the stairs. We go down a few levels until we reach an indoor library. I really didn't think Tony Stark would have a library in his tower.

"What sort of books are you looking for?" He asks. "I know my way around pretty well."

I look up and around. "Mechanic books, engineering and that," I said stepping further in. Peter gives me a puzzled look but walks somewhere. When I see the wall of books on my required topics, I realise I'm going to be here a while.

Time skip because we love pre-autumn (EDIT: Wow, I wrote this chapter in September)

An hour later I'm sitting at a table with a stack of books in front of me. one pile is to read and the other is read. One pile has 2 books in it and the other has 14, guess which is which. Peter was doing some reading and homework on topics he enjoyed keeping me company. I tried to get him to leave, saying I'd be fine, but he really insisted.

You may be wondering why I needed to do so much reading, yes? Well, it's because I need to fix Leo's device and I can't let a mortal do it for me. If I could I'd let Tony fix it, but I need to do this alone. Only a demigod can active it, so I'm alone with this.

I could just go to Leo's siblings but that would be too painful to return so suddenly with an issue. Besides, it's good to learn new things. (That's what I keep telling myself anyway).

It got to the point that I knew how to redo the whole device's mainframe, but I needed to fix the voice messaging display. I had it in my pocket but didn't dare bring it out in case Peter asked about it. I don't have a lie for that just yet.

After a while, Peter spoke up. "Tony's looking for us." He grimaced and showed a text from his phone to prove it. "I don't think he knows where the library even is."

I chuckled. "Let's see if he can find it," I said while Peter quickly typed a reply. Almost 10 minutes later some loud footsteps pattered on the wooden flooring.

"This is some real Beauty and the Beast bullshit," Tony mutters as he walks in our direction but looking all around him. His eyes got caught on us as he sat beside me. "What're you guys up to?" He picked up one of my books and flicked through it.

"Just reading." I cleared up, glancing at Peter.

"Uh-huh," Tony says, uninterested. "Well Percy, you need to eat." A light groan escaped my lips. Tony gave me a sour look, a little disappointed that I did that.

"This is really important," I stressed, hoping to get out of this. My dreams were scaring me, and my mind was too focused on attempting to read English that I didn't want to stop. Also, I wasn't hungry and had a suspicion I'd throw it up. "Later?"

"Nope, sorry kid." He said stiffly. I could see the sadness in his eyes. I have been doing so well with my eating and nobody wanted me to fall out of it again, but I have been cutting down and hiding the fact that I ate less recently.