at first, joshua was pretty confused, but as he turned around, he spotted jeonghan standing behind him. "hey joshuji." he smiled at the amerian. [now ;>]

"hi," joshua smiled back at him. "how are you?"

"i'm doing pretty good-"

"oh, your boyfriend his here." mingyu smirked as he spotted jeonghan and joshua catching up.

the blonde rolled his eyes with a smile. "we're not dating." he wanted to clarify, but mingyu only squinted his eyes and made an 'i-am-watching-you'-gesture with his fingers before he left into the kitchen again, leaving joshua in embarrasment, shaking his low-hung head, and jeonghan in confusion. "is he always like this?"

"yes, but you get used to it eventually." joshua rubbed his head, causing jeonghan to chuckle. "so, what are you doing here?" joshua's curiosity spiked again.

"can't i come here for a coffee?"

"as far as i remember, you said you're not really a coffee-person." joshua raised his eyebrow.

jeonghan errupted in slight laughter again - seriously, his laugh was a blessing to joshua's ears, but it would take a lot for him to admit that to anyone, including himself. "okay, you've got me. i'm here to sing again, but i was hoping for some company."

the younger cocked his head. "company for what?"

"to sing, dummy. but i meant instrumental company, a guitar maybe?" jeonghan winked.

"oh, so you want me to join you? is that right?"

the older couldn't help but smile. "maybe?"

joshua also couldn't force the corners of his mouth to stay straight, so he pushed himself from the counter he previously leaned against. "i'll see what i can do." that's how joshua disappeared for a good five minutes, making jeonghan almost believe he wasn't coming back anymore, but the sight of joshua with a guitar in his hand made his face light up again.

"what a coincidence that you've got your guitar with you again." jeonghan playfully rolled his eyes.

with a chuckle, joshua sat down on a stoll beside jeonghan and tuned his guitar a bit. "what are we going to sing, now?"

"charlie puth 'attention'? can you play that?"

"what an unneccessary question, seriously?" joshua scoffed.

"you're so full of yourself sometimes, i like it." jeonghan scrunched his nose with a smile.

the older cleared his throat and held the microphone in front of his mouth. "hello, everyone!" he greeted the guests of the café. "my name is yoon jeonghan, if you don't know me already from a few days ago. i'm here to sing a bit today, with the company of jisoo." he gestured to the guitarrist beside him. "he's a waiter here, so i'm sure you recognized his face already. anyway, we'll begin now. please enjoy."

a small round of applause passed the audience before joenghan nodded towards joshua. this was his sign to start playing.

(jeonghan | joshua)

you've been runnin' round, runnin' round, runnin' round throwin' that dirt all on my name
'cause you knew that i, knew that i, knew that i'd call you up
you've been going round, going round, going round every party in L.A.
'cause you knew that i, knew that i, knew that i'd be at one, oh

i know that dress is karma, perfume regret
you got me thinking 'bout when you were mine, oh
and now I'm all up on ya, what you expect?
but you're not coming home with me tonight

you just want attention, you don't want my heart
maybe you just hate the thought of me with someone new
yeah, you just want attention, i knew from the start
you're just making sure i'm never gettin' over you

'ive been runnin' round, runnin' round, runnin' round throwin' that dirt all on your name
'cause i knew that ya, knew that ya, knew that you'd call me up
i've been going round, going round, going round every party in L.A.
'cause i knew that ya, knew that ya, knew that you'd be at one, oh
you know that dress is karma, perfume regret
i got you thinking 'bout when you were mine, oh
and now you're all up on me, what you expect?
but i'm not coming home with you tonight

i just want attention, i don't want your heart
maybe i just hate the thought of you with someone new
yeah, i just want attention, you knew from the start
i'm just making sure you're never gettin' over me too

joshua almost couldn't believe it when he heard jow jeonghan changed the lyrics. but it was so refreshing. now, the song was for a duet and joshua loved it, if he was honest. from time to time, he caught jeonghan glancing at him from the side and joshua honestly didn't know what to think about that or how to react. it made him feel strange, a bit awkward because he felt like jeonghan was trying to get a message across but joshua couldn't decode it.

after their little show was over, joshua went back into the kitchen to put his apron back on. there, he was greeted by mingyu brightly smiling at him. "you guys were amazing!" he whisper-yelled.

"thanks." jeonghan smiled from behind joshua. "well, you guys better continue working now, alright? see you, joshuji, mingyu." with a two-handed wave, he bid goodbye to the two waiters and went his ways.

the two followed the blonde with their eyes until he was out of sight, but mingyu's curiosity brought joshua back. "joshuji?"

joshua nodded. "yeah, he made this nickname because apparently he has a hart time pronouncing joshua but finds jisoo too boring." he explained with a soft smile. the reason was still funny to him because it didn't seem genuine to him but rather like an excuse to have a cute nickname to call him by. "but only he is allowed to call me that, so don't even think about it."

"okay, chill." mingyu laughed, lifting his hands in defence. "possessive much? i see you."

~ 1700 words
jesus this is taking me way too long, i'm so sorry about this :(