One.

The sounds of the loud cars flying by drowned out the sound of my heels clanking on the sidewalk. I glanced at my iPhone to check the time. I sped up my pace seeing as I had to be back in class in twenty minutes. I tossed my long bright red hair in a messy bun.
I was attending my second year at the best cosmetology school in Dallas, Texas: Aveda Arts & Sciences Institute. Even though the classes were long and exhausting, I knew I would be able to own my own salon one day. It was also nice having an amazing coffee shop right down the street.
I opened the door to the coffee shop to see only a few people inside sipping their coffee and talking amongst themselves.

"Hi Sarah!" One of my favorite baristas, Amy, called to me. I waved at her smiling and walked up the counter.
"How are you today, girl?" Amy asked, already getting my drink started. I leaned on the counter, placing my chin onto my fist and let out a long sigh. "That bad?" We both giggled.
"We have finals in two months. I swear they are trying to make us sleep in the salon chairs!" I laughed. Amy exploded into laughter alarming some of the customers. I turned around to see two blonde women laughing at us. I admired their hair color before returning back to Amy. She had already finished my drink and handed it to me.
"One large, iced vanilla latte with extra caramel drizzle and an added shot of espresso." I excitingly wiggled my body accepting the drink. I took a slow sip of the caffeine. "Six seventy five, love." I continued to wiggle my body while reaching into my apron for my cash. I gave Amy a ten dollar bill. She placed the change into the palm of my hand which I immediately dropped into the tip jar. I told her my schedule for the next few days as she cleaned her station. I hesitantly turned around to a tap on my shoulder.

"Hi, I'm so sorry to bother you..." I realized it was one of the laughing blondes. I smiled wide at her contagious giggle and smile. "...I noticed your apron and wanted to ask you about Aveda." I glanced down at the apron then back to her.
"Sure! Ask me anything!" I happily obliged. I nervously scratched at one of my fully tattooed arms.
"How long have you been attending?"
"I started in 2015 so I'm in my second year."
"Wow! What is the tuition? I live in Canada but I want to move here and go to school."
"I actually have a scholarship." I shyly admitted. She dropped her jaw and tapped my arm.
"That's awesome! You go girl!"

"Thank you." I watched her blonde curls bounce as we giggled together. "My name's Sarah Rose." I held out my free hand to shake hers.
"Nice to meet you, Sarah. I'm Candace Seguin. This is my sister, Cassidy and our mother, Jackie." She pointed to each one while they waved. I waved back and shook their hands.
"You don't really have that much of a southern accent. Where are you from?" Cassidy asked. I shook my head.
"I'm from California. I moved out here right when I turned 18."
"Is your family still in California?"
"Yeah, it's just me out here." The two sisters glanced at each other.
"You look too young to be out here alone!" Jackie commented. I shrugged my shoulders.
"I'm 23."
"You have to tell me your secrets because you look so much younger!" My bare cheeks filled with color. I attempted to reroute the conversation.
"Are you visiting for a tour of Aveda?"
"No, we're here to see my son. He's the alternate captain for the Dallas Stars." Jackie's smile grew wider. I started to put two and two together.

"Seguin...alternate captain...Dallas...Stars.." I whispered. I opened my eyes and dropped my mouth in shock. "You're Tyler Seguin's family!" The three of them laughed at my outburst.
"You should come to the game tonight. We can talk more about Aveda!" Candace was bouncing more than her curls at the point. I swiftly checked my phone.
"I have class until five-thirty. The class that resumed from break five minutes ago." I grimaced my expression. Cassidy already had written something on a napkin and passed it to Candace.
"The game starts at seven. Here." She folded the napkin then shoved it into my apron's pocket. "Here's my number. The ticket will be under my name at will call. I won't take no for an answer." I nodded my head and apologized for my abrupt exit. I said my goodbyes to Amy, Jackie, Candace and Cassidy as I quickly walked out of the coffee shop.