Chapter Fourteen - Two Dates

"She looks like a fucking sunflower," I said displeased while Emerson forced Eden into bright yellow garments.

"You out of all people are going to try to tell me what's in and what's out of fashion" Emerson insulted me.

"I know a few things. For instance, if you want to grab someone's attention. Such as a crush. You want to wear red." I huddled next to Emerson in front of Eden's closet full of whatnots.

"You guys. Don't I get an opinion?" She asked. Giving herself a once over in the mirror. She tried to cover up the cracks between her cheekbones with concealer.

"It isn't going to work," I said sliding the hangers aside.

"I know. I don't think I'm worried about it." She brushed her fingers against the disgusting mole growing on the left portion of her face.

"Don't touch it. It's not going to make it go away" Emerson said smacking her hand away.

"You know that's not even the most disgusting part of the whole thing. I can't shave my legs. At all. I shave them and the hair grows back thicker and longer in the next 5 minutes." She laughed at it. I found myself laughing along.

"At least you take quicker showers now" I cracked the joke.

"Exactly and I'm less cold." She said getting up from her vanity.

I pulled out an off the shoulder, dark red, knitted sweater. Holding up to her. "How about this?" I asked Emerson.

"I can make the outfit surrounded that piece really well" His eyes perked. Not ear his eyes. A strange thing really.

"Light washed high waisted jeans to hide that gut. Reese decided to give you. Some red pumps. Space buns."
He went to rummage through her jewelry box.

"You are going to be there the entire time right?" Eden whispered to me for some reason.

"Yeah. I'm going to be there for you every step of the way." I nodded.

"We have no time to waste. Get your butt into the bathroom and put this on." Emerson snapped throwing the clothes at Eden.

"Your date with Leo starts in an hour" I shouted behind the door. "You got this."

"I haven't even been on a real date in so long. I don't even know what to talk about. Any advice?" She shouted back.

I scratched the back of my neck. Thinking of a proper way to respond.

"Are you asking Reese for dating advice? Oh, honey, you would be better asking an asexual bacteria. This boy has never been on a date in his life" Emerson exposed me like that.

"Not one? Really?" She asked.

"Maybe after all this is over you can get him a date. It would be a miracle." Emerson said.

"We will have to see" Was all she said. Walking out of the bathroom. I know you all are expecting me to say the outfit transformed her or whatnot. It didn't.

I mean it was an outfit that would have hugged her old self-right. Making what use to belong toned legs pop. I could see It. I hated it. I hated that I couldn't get on board with my own lesson yet. I can't keep reminiscing of how she looked before. At the end of the day, I rather have this woman standing in front of me than that girl who stood above me.
***
"Hey, guys. I am Justin and I'll be your waiter today. Can I start you off with any drinks?" The guy asked wearing a bright blue polo and tight black pants.

"River. I thought you said this place was mellowed out?" I asked looking around at the waiters walking on eggshells. Delivering coffee.

"I didn't know coffee shops had waiters," Blakely said opening her menu.