Chapter Eight - Clearing A Consious

Chapter Eight - Clearing A Conscious.

I let the warm water roll down my back. I ran my hands through my hair massaging my scalp. The water at my feet was turning white from the conditioner falling.

I'm such an awful person. What the hell is wrong with me? I should have done what any normal older brother would do.

I should have stood up and shouted at her in his defense. I could have called her a pinhead or a knock off Beyonce. Not that a knock off Beyonce would be a bad thing. Even a knock off Beyonce would be radiating the Queen's energy.

All the things I could have said. To shut her up faster than you can say Cheeze it.

My jaw clenched. She was a devil's child to Rowan. Why should I do anything differently?

When it comes to my guilt. I have an angel and a devil over my shoulder. On one hand, the angel is telling me I need to reach out and help her because she is at her lowest and I saw she was at her lowest. But on the other hand, we have Satan which I imagine to be pretty old Eden Greys. Saying...no screaming. She was definitely screaming. There are consequences to everyone's actions.

I flipped the water off. Grabbing my towel. "Next time I shower I'm blaring music instead of drowning in m thoughts," I muttered under me breathe.

"In my opinion, she deserves the worst." The little satan whispered in my ear.

"You can not be serious." The Angel argued back in her silky tone. "You know he had good intentions but the guilt is eating him alive"

I started getting dressed listening to the two bickers back and forth.

"I don't know what you want exactly. He already did the bad thing. Shouldn't your job be done." The angel barked.

"I'm here to teach him how to have fun. Take it further" She said.

I whipped away the fogged mirror and saw them both. The angel on my left shoulder and The devil on my right.

"No-no-no. You two are back?" This can not get any worse. 

"Duh, who do you think was speaking?" Devil said.

"I thought It was you know my thoughts" I splashed water on my face. "Please go away Please go away"

"You really don't like us" She added while Angel stood silent.

"Why would I like you? Anytime the two of you show up it isn't good" I whined in frustration.

"It's your fault we are here," Satan said.

"What she means is... We are here to help you. You're sick. Your head is crowded with many many ideas. So many that your heads not clear to make any decisions let alone important ones" Angel said he fluttered a little over my shoulder.

"Or in other words, the world can not have someone with your kind of gift running around like a chicken without a head," Satan said unkindly.

"You both are pieces of work. Anybody tell you that." I said.

"We haven't been down out of your tin can since 09 so no" Satan said.

"I forgot the two of you existed until you guys popped up out of no where," I said. Back in 09 was when I cursed an animal for the first time. I felt the same guilt but on a much smaller scale back than. That was worse in my opinion because the turtle did nothing.

"That's because once we leave. Your memory is erased by us. Unless you are so fortunate to need us again. Even in that scenario if we aren't sitting in front of you. You won't remember us. That is the beauty in our situation" Angel said.