The First Official Chapter

Bruce Banner was not a small teenager, in fact he was a fairly large one. He was chubby in noticeable places and many of the other students often made jokes about his weight and his inability to catch a date ("Probably because he couldn't keep up with those chunky legs of his!"). The thing was, Bruce didn't want to "catch a date" as they so suggested. At least not the sort they thought.

  The Banner boy was gay. A homosexual with a particularly bad appetite for his lab partner, Tony Stark. But Tony was thin and popular and attractive. Bruce was pretty sure that he was none of these things. He sat at home and read science magazines and a wide variety of comic books while Tony partied and slept around with girls. The love Bruce had imagined them having was never to be. Never fall for a straight guy, he had to constantly remind himself. It wasn't fair to himself to crush on the notorious Stark. Conjuring up thoughts of spending days lying out in the sun holding hands or going to the movies... Ugh, stop it. It's a stupid thought to spend so much time on. It's a waste. A waste! Then he'd usually break something and then his mom would rush in to see if he was okay and then sigh at the mess he had made. Mrs. Banner cared for her only son like only a mother could. She was always the first to defend her boy and thought he could do no wrong, even when he broke her favorite teapot or punched a hole clear through the wall, she forgave him in half a heartbeat. Bruce was all she had left, his father had died in a car accident after a fit of road rage, the collision had been his fault and a little girl in the backseat of the opposing car had been killed in the wreckage. Mrs. Banner was of a gentle spirit and mourned not for her husband but for the young child that had been slaughtered in the crash.

  Bruce had to be homeschooled that year, it was in third grade and the fact that his now dead father had killed a small girl because of his short temper frightened him so much it hurt and gave him vicious nightmares that haunted him nightly. Bruce didn't want to end up like his angry father. Dead and hated.