24 ➵ where they kissed underneath the mistletoe

Calum was happy that he got to spend Christmas eve with his best friend.

Michael's family didn't like Christmas and also haven't had planned anything for the evening, so they let Michael do what he wanted.

Calum's parents were out of town. They went to some friends but Calum decided to stay at home. His mother tried to convince him to come with them, but he declined.

He really wanted to spend his day and night with Michael.

Maybe because he hoped for a Christmas miracle.

Maybe because he hoped that his only Christmas wish would come true.

And he was more than just excited when Michael finally arrived, wearing the ugly Christmas sweater they had bought earlier this month and holding presents in his hand.

"Merry Christmas," he said and hugged Calum tight and Calum just breathed in his sweet scent, not wanting to let go of the boy he had fallen for over the past few weeks.

He didn't really know when it happened, probably when they went ice skating or maybe even when they went to the Christmas market and he thought that Michaels and his hand were fitting together like puzzle pieces.

"Have you planned anything special?" Michael asked, a beautiful smile on his pretty lips.

"Actually, no."

He gasped. "Calum Hood, are you sick? You can come up with cute stuff for twenty-three days and then have nothing planned for Christmas eve? I'm very disappointed in you."

"I'm sorry. I thought we could eat something and then watch cheesy Christmas movies that they're showing on TV today. I mean, you hate Christmas anyways, so why not spend it like any other day?"

"True. So do we really have to watch Christmas movies? Can't we just put on a DVD like Saw? I would prefer that."

"Absolutely not, I hate that movie. We're watching Christmas movies or you'll have to leave," Calum said with a pout, making Michael melt.

But Michael couldn't show how much he adored the other boy.

He needed to play it cool.

"Well then, see you tomorrow," he said and turned around, grabbing the presents and walking towards the door.

"You're so mean, I hate you."

"Isn't Christmas the time of love or some shit?" Michael laughed, facing Calum again.

"Yeah, love. Now come and eat, the food is already done and if you don't want to eat it cold, we should really get to the kitchen."

So they ate together and laughed together and Calum hoped for them to meet underneath the mistletoe at some point of the evening.

He put it there on purpose and maybe it was a stupid idea and would freak Michael out.

And then, just as Michael wanted to walk into the kitchen, while Calum got candy and wanted to get back to the living room, they bumped into each other - underneath the mistletoe.

"My timing is on point," Michael laughed, leaving a confused look on Calum's face.

"What do you mean?"

"We're standing underneath the mistletoe. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it a tradition to kiss under those things?"

"I -- yeah, that's the tradition. But it's stupid and we don't have to do it," Calum said. His heart was beating hard and he was so scared of Michael's reaction.

It felt like hours of silence before Michael spoke up again.

"Well, if it's a tradition we really should do it."

"What?"

"Kiss."

"Y-You want to kiss me?" Calum asked, still surprised and confused.

And instead of answering, Michael cupped his cheeks and looked at him before slowly leaning in and capturing Calum's lips with his own.

Calum let out a loud sigh before kissing back so slowly, it drove Michael crazy.

The older boy let his hands wander down Calum's body until they reached his hips and Calum wrapped his arms around the other's neck after letting the bag of chips he was holding fall to the floor, bringing him closer and deepening the kiss.

It was such a passionate and slow and gentle kiss and their chests were pressed together, both hearts beating so fast in almost the same rythm, both boys so overwhelmed.

And Michael felt dizzy from all the mixed emotions he was feeling. His heart was pounding and his body was on fire and yes, he was shaking because he was scared to do something wrong.

If he wouldn't have Calum to hold onto, he would probably fall to the ground because his legs were like jelly and he couldn't really trust them.

Calum started to play with the hair on the back of Michael's head which relaxed the older boy a little.

After what felt like hours, Calum slowly pulled away due to the lack of oxygen and opened his eyes, seeing that Michael's were still closed.

"Wow," Michael breathed out.

Calum smiled, "Yeah, wow."

And now it was finally Michael's turn to open his eyes and look deep into his friend's eyes and he smiled.

Calum looked down at their hands and slowly took Michael's in his, playing with their fingers and he wanted to stay like this forever.

"Stop looking at our hands, look at me," Michael whispered.

And he thought it was cute, the fact that Calum was smaller than him. That he had to look up to him and yes, also that he had to stand on his tippy toes when they kissed. Michael noticed that.

And as Calum did what Michael told him, his heart skipped a beat and he smiled because this moment right there was perfect.

"Let's watch that Christmas movie you were talking about," Michael said and turned around, walking over to the couch and Calum following him since their fingers were still intertwined.

They sat down and they were sitting so close to each other and the movie playing in the background was so unrelevant to them because all they could do was look at each other before they were kissing again.

And again, it was so slow and passionate and Michael's touches were so gentle, Calum never wanted to do anything else anymore than lying on the couch, their legs tangled together and sharing kisses with Michael.

Because that's what he had ever wished for, really, and he was so happy that his Christmas wish came true.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE HOODIES, I hope you all have a wonderful day with your family. If not, keep your head up and make the best out of it :) I love you all so much ⛄️💖

I hope you liked the chapter, it was probably the cutest thing I've ever written. I hope it made your christmas also a little happier/better, I don't know.

I'll post the last one tomorrow :(

Today is Christmas (eve)!! *॰ॱ୨୧