bonds during the summer

Start from the beginning

"Have you ever played Quidditch, Wendy?" Asked Lucius one night at the dining table.

"Well—no sir, I never had the chance to," She answered before sipping in water.

"What a shame— perhaps Draco could teach you how; he has been seeker for the Slytherin since second year for a reason, anyways." Draco looked down at his supper trying not to mind how the conversation changed topic to him and his skills. "I'm sure you have noticed?"

"Oh yes, indeed. I come to every game the Gryffindors have, and I saw them against the Slytherins who make fair competitors," She smiled at him.

"Right... Gryffindor," He whispered.

One aspect Lucius seemed to not sip down about the girl was how she was in the Gryffindor house and friends with Harry Potter.

"What about your parents? Are they well?" Narcissa asked changing subject, probably feeling the tension that was beginning to form.

"I'm not sure," Wendy looked at the woman, with no burden seemed to be in her face, "they—they are not around."

"Oh," Narcissa said simply, "I am sorry."

It was up to Draco now, to save the atmosphere, "perhaps, you will be interested to know of how Wendy was able to catch up with lessons?"

Every night, they gathered around the dining table to eat and tell each other more about themselves. Wendy learned more about Narcissa and her origins, to how she was related to the Black's. Lucius was harder to get through, but Wendy was proud to say, that she was able to crack a smile from the man once or twice.

Wendy, although she had her difficulties at first, loved her time with Narcissa Malfoy. She always found her as a disturbed character, but she seemed so serene during the time Voldemort wasn't there. The woman was astonished to find out Wendy didn't know how to do crochet, and dedicated part of her summer in teaching her. Wendy owned a clothing line, and although she did a lot of mending and sewing, the fine art of crochet seemed so difficult. Nonetheless, she enjoyed learning it.

Lucius Malfoy was often not present, and Wendy could feel that Draco seemed do be more active when his father was not around. Which saddened the girl a bit, no one should ever be afraid to be themselves around their own fathers. She preferred not to meddle in other people's affairs, but she slid in a few compliments about Draco in front of the father, from time to time, just to show him how proud he should be of his son.

One day, when Wendy was starting to wear too many times the same clothes, Narcissa forced her to come along shopping in town. She bought her an incredible amount of dresses and formal wear, things Wendy would have never thought of picking up herself. Wizards and witches had an entirely different concept of fashion, but Wendy was so happy to explore it.

She bought herself a notebook from Hogsmeade, the year before when she visited for the first time with the twins. She never picked it up as she wasn't sure how to use it still, but now she was determined to use it to catalog every fashion wear this world had to show her. So she could use it when she went back home.

When she opened the notebook she was gladly surprised to see the first page, already written upon. The messy cursive of Fred and George's round handwriting wrote beautiful words that Wendy would have not expected the twins to dedicate her.

hope you find your inspiration for this notebook, as we found ours.

Sincerely,
The best twins you'll ever meet