Five - "I'm Starting To Think I'm In A Twilight Movie."

Start from the beginning

Now that I really think about it, I guess it was my sort of my fault. I was the one who acted out first, purposely sabotaging all his hookups when he had done nothing to me. I guess I was not thinking about myself at all. I was thinking about all those girls which he played with and dumped when he had no use for them anymore.

Diminishing all thoughts, I sigh, "I guess you're right."

Cara's eyes bulge out, almost as if it was going to come out of her skull. "Damn, Alex. That's the first time I've ever heard you say that I'm right. Can you repeat that so I could record it on my phone?"

I roll my eyes.

"Please? This is like a one in a lifetime moment!"

"No way," I bark out a laugh. "I'm not saying that again."

Her lips pout. "Please?"

I look away dramatically. "Go away."

She rests her head on my shoulder and sticks her tongue out. "Please? With cherries on top?"

God, I love Cara. She could make me go from sad to happy in a matter of moments.

My head swivels and my gaze locks with hers. I attempt to make an angry face, but fail miserably. "You and your stupid little cherries can go somewhere else."

She snorts. Then she turns away. "Well, alright, then. I was just going to make some popcorn, so I guess none for you." Her eyes twinkle with amusement as she says it. "And for your information, I have caramel too."

God dammit.

She knows exactly what buttons to press when it comes to me. I'm a total sucker for caramel popcorn.

"Fine," I bat my eyelashes. "Give me your phone."

Now, Cara and I are both facing the television with a huge bowl of popcorn in our hands, our feet propped up on the coffee table. My right foot has not completely healed yet, so I still have to keep the bandage on with the medicine I use to massage it. Now, with my right foot and my right hand both bandaged, I look like a freaking weirdo.

But that's okay, I've always been a weirdo. At least now I look like one too.

Cara cocks her head to the side as she watches the screen. We're watching some action movie that we don't know the name to, but we're already an hour into the movie so we don't really care. Right now, an action scene rolls and the protagonist of the story is busting out some kickass ninja moves to defeat all the bad guys.

"Damn, this dude is badass," I murmur in awe.

"He could save me anytime," Cara gushes.

"Cara, he's really old. He could be your grandfather."

"I can't help it. I'm a sucker for older guys." She teases.

I roll my eyes. "I just want his badassery. God knows I don't have that at all."

Our eyes are glued to the screen again. The protagonist grabs two of his enemies and spins them around to kill the rest of his other opponents.

Cara turns to me, grinning, "Was this how you imagined yourself just now when you decided to hit Daniel?"

My cheeks turn a slight pink. "Yeah. But reality sucked ass."

She laughs. "Don't I know it."

After I had punched Daniel in the eye, I was overcome with shock. I didn't know what to do. My hand had begun to hurt bad, probably because I didn't actually know how to hit someone. I stumbled back, and almost collided with the wall. Daniel had his hands over the place where I had hit him, his mouth gaping open, a look of absolute horror plastered on his face.