It gave me a flashback, to when my mom was drinking. When I saw underage kids drinking, I instantly thought about my mom. My mom, mom, why. She never gave a shit about me anymore. Since my dad left, she's been fucking up her reputation. After 2 months, she started to hit me. I got bruises on my arms and stomach. This one time, I was changing in the locker room. I took of my shirt to put my P.E. shirt on. I knew I had a bruise on my arm, I tried hiding it but Rose's eyes caught it. "Nos what happened to your arm?" Rose asked, with concern. I didn't know what to say, I was speechless at the moment. "Its really nothing, it was an allergic reaction to something." I backed away when she was touching my arm. I never told Rose anything about my bruises. Actually, I never told anyone. I acted like everything was fine, but really it wasn't. The only person who knows is me.

Hours have pasted, I was starting to get bored. I was just sitting down drinking a coca cola, bobbing my head to the music. I was watching Rose and Keanu dancing, from across the room. I was looking around to see who else was dancing, and found the boy dancing with a random girl. I was staring for a long time, I knew I was. He sure was having a good time. He was twirling her around with a smile on his face. I really wished that was me dancing with him. I felt butterflies in my stomach, I had the urge to eat so I would stop feeling this way. I was still watching them dancing, and he saw that I was looking. I was screwed at that point. I stood up and I started to look for my friend who offered me a joint. I went to the food area then I found him in a group just chilling at the drinks area. "Hey, do you have that joint?" I asked. "Your in luck Nostalgia, because this is my last one." He said, while handing it to me. "Thanks dude, I owe you for this one." I said while walking out the door to go spark it.

I went out the door, and looked through my small purse for a lighter. I was searching and searching and couldn't find it, but I didn't give up. I looked like a crazy woman looking for a lighter while the joint was hanging onto my lips. Then a flick of light appeared in front of me. A tall person with a lighter was right next to me. I looked up and saw that it was the golden boy. He lit up my joint on my lips and I smoked away. "Thanks uh," I sputter. "River, my name is River Phoenix." He said without hesitating. "Well River, thanks for that." I said nervously. He had this look where he wanted to take hits out of my joint. I know he wanted to. "You want to take a puff." I insisted. He nod his head and I pass the joint. He was doing cool tricks, and it made him look hot. "Wow, impressing." I said. "Did it impress you?" He said, teasing me around. It was silent at that point, I froze and there was awkwardness while the crickets are making noises at night. He passed the joint back to me and I broke the silence. "So what brings you out here River?" I questioned. "Well I saw you walk outside, and it looked like there was something wrong so I wanted to check if you were okay, but instead you came out here to smoke." He said, while were passing the joint back to each other. He wanted to go check on me because he thought there was something wrong, this kid is a sweet heart, I can tell by the innocent/nasty face he has. I continue to talk, "Thank you River, that's really sweet of you," I said blowing the smoke out. "Yeah no problem and besides you kinda looked bored in there," He said, looking deep into my eyes. "Oh so you were looking at me the whole time?" I confronted. "Maybe, maybe not," he said with a smile. I giggle a little, then it turned to loud laugh. He looked at me like if I was eerie, but he started to laugh with me.

We started to talk more through the night, by then we finished the joint. We knew that we both weren't sober, we stopped standing up and we just flopped to the ground on the lawn. Me and River were starting to get to know each other. Learning that he has 4 siblings and he's an actor. I seemed so interested in his life. He was explaining to me about how he wants to be in school and take a break from acting for a while. "River not gonna lie, I'd rather be where you are now because your living your life right now, and Im here high as hell and contemplating about my grades even though there kinda decent grades." I said, trying not to stutter. River giggles a little, because he's also high, "I don't know, I just wish I can be like everybody else who goes to school like a normal kid," he says while looking into my eyes. "Your normal to me," I said looking into his eyes. We both were just staring at each other not looking away for second. We start to get closer and closer. I look down on his delicate lips, he then puts his finger on my jawline then sliding to my chin and lift it up, just to see ocean blue eyes. Our faces were 3 inches apart. "Your eyes are so beautiful," I said without hesitating. " He looks at my lips and smiles. He got to the point where we were gonna kiss, but then got interrupted by Rose shouting at us. "COME ON GUYS LETS PARTY, COME ON NOS!" She yelled. "Ugh, I really don't want to get up." I said with my hand on my forehead. "I got you," River said. He stood up first and he put his hand out to pick me up from the ground. I put my hand on his and felt a spark between us. I looked into his eyes saying thanks. The feeling of his warm hand makes me feel safe. We held each others hands for about 10 seconds, until we realized what was happening. We laughed it off for a bit then we headed into the house.

The whole night we drank and laughed. I was pretty tipsy from underage drinking, I call it. I feel so stupid at the same time because Im still a kid. I really need help. Rose and Keanu were drinking away, on the other hand, River and I took too many shots of vodka. All of us were blacked out at this point. All I can do right now, is dance and have fun. "Hey Nos, come here and take a picture with us," Rose murmured. "Im coming," I yelled. I saw River at the end of the couch so I sat right next to him. He smiled at me and I gave one back. Last thing I remember was a person taking a polaroid picture of all of us.