Chapter 1

(December 1986)

It's a Friday night , I'm talking to Rose on the phone while twirling my fingers on the wire connected to the bottom of the phone.

"Rose I'm so bored, I don't want to stay home all night we need to do something." I complained with a whining voice of mine. "Hmm let me think...... Oh we could go to the movies!" She insisted. "Nah, we go there all the time, Its kinda starting to get boring and besides theres no good movies right now." I said while pacing around my room. "Oh! OH! I got a great idea!" Rose with enthusiasm. "Tris is throwing a big party, remember she invited us." "I kinda do and don't want to go because, everybody in our school is going," I said. "Come Nostalgia, you wanted to go out tonight." She is right, I did want to go out tonight. Nothing will hurt, but I really don't want to see anyone else except for Rose. Ugh, whatever I do need to get out more. Im always forcing myself to stay home all the time so this is my chance. I knew I was hesitating. "Hellooooo.... Nos you there?" She yelled, making my telephone glitch. "Yeah, Yeah let's go." Rose screeches on the phone. "Yay, okay I'm gonna invite Keanu with us, meet us outside at 7:05, bye." She hung up before I could say anything. Well great she's bringing Keanu. I sigh on my way to the bathroom.

I hopped in the shower, with the warm water running down my skin. I start dancing in the shower like if im already at the party, with my hair fluffed up with shampoo. I rinsed my hair off and hopped out of the shower. I had my towel wrapped around my body and one on my hair. I went to go look for cute party outfits, I literally didn't have anything to wear. After looking for 30 minutes, I caught my eyes on a plaid tight dress. I put that on with my worn out red high top converse on, including my denim jacket so I don't get cold. I put red lipstick on and a little light colored eyeshadow on. While doing mascara, A car beeped loud out my window. I jumped a little and fucked up my mascara. "Come lets go Nos!" Rose shouted. "Okay wait, you made me fuck up my mascara." I yelled out the window. "Hurry up were gonna be late shithead." Rose complained. I ran back to the bathroom, removing the mascara that doesn't belong. I got my tiny purse and headed downstairs. "Mom! Im gonna be back late because im going to a party." "Okay honey, have the night of your fucking life tonight!" She laughs. I see 3 bottles of vodka on the table waiting to be drank. She already drank 1 whole bottle. I thought to myself, glad that im going to this party. "Come here baby, come here." She said. I went to her and she gave me a hug. "I love you so much baby." She murmured. I wanted to cry, I know she doesn't mean that because she's fucked up to even think. "I got to go mom, I really do." I let go and walked out the door.

I ran to the car, tears forcing to fall out but I held them back in. I sat in the back seat. "Bro you took sooooo long." Keanu said. "Im sorry, I needed to fix my mascara." I said. "All you needed to do was wipe it off." Rose said turning to the back looking at me. "Can you guys stop being assholes and drive because were gonna be late." I complained with sarcasm. Keanu laughed and drove off. I look out the window, gazing at the beautiful night stars. I put my window down, feeling intense breeze in my face. Thinking everything will be okay tonight. We stopped at a stop light, Keanu then said something. "Hey, I invited one of my friends." Great another person coming, so much fun. I just need to get through this night now. "He's a great guy, I promise." He also said "Nostalgia, you probably will get along with him." He smirked "Shut the fuck up and drive." I said. He laughed and drove to our destination.

We arrived at the house, it was looking like its already trashed. You can hear the loud music coming from the house. We walked to the door, Keanu and Rose were in front of me, I was anxious to even enter this house. Keanu knocked on the door. We waited for a minute and no one answered. He knocked again. We waited again, standing in front of the door so dull. We heard a male voice behind us say "If they're not gonna open the door, open it yourselves." Keanu turned and walked behind me because his friend arrived. I didn't bother to look but I turned around anyways just to see the most beautiful person ever. His figure and face were appealing. His eyes were ocean blue, his hair is goldie blonde. His lips look so kissable. Why am I shaking, stop. Keanu gave him a big hug like if he hasn't seen him since childhood. The boy was facing my way while hugging Keanu. He shift his eyes from the ground to me, I looked to the left so he doesn't think I was lurking at him. Rose went ahead to greet the golden boy. She gave him a welcoming hug, wrapping her arms around his neck. I wanted to introduce myself, but I couldn't. I faced the door and opened it myself to people screaming and dancing. I see girls grinding on boys. I see people drinking. A guy friend of mine asked if I wanted a joint. "Not right now, but maybe later." I said. "Suit yourself," he said.