•𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞•

Start from the beginning

"Position your hands like this," I instructed-his tiny hands perfect fit for mine.

"Hold it up like this," I continued, lifting the ball above us.

"now shoot." I spoke near his ear.

"Okay, so just so I know I'm not missing any details, Clarence has a daughter, and the mother of his daughter is dating the detective that Freya and I set you up with-on a gay dating app

"Okay, so just so I know I'm not missing any details, Clarence has a daughter, and the mother of his daughter is dating the detective that Freya and I set you up with-on a gay dating app." She spoke.

"Yeah that about sums it up." I sighed.

"Why do I feel like I'm always out of the loop." She shook her head.

"Honestly Alyssa 'the loop' has so many twist and turns I'm not even sure I know what's going on anymore." I spoke honestly causing her to chuckle.

"Are you gonna say something?" She asked.

"No, obviously not." I shook my head.

"I don't even know what I would say, plus I think I should get Clares input on this, it's his daughter."

"How do you think he's gonna take it?" She asked.

"Well-based on the past, not well." I slouched.

"Jesus your life is complicated." She shook her head, stuffing a grape in her mouth.

"See! Now you're starting to get it." I spoke.

After about five minutes we decided continue shopping, not wanting to partake in an awkward confrontation.

"This is so cute, but I'm so fucking fat I can't fit anything!" Alyssa whined, eyeing her body in the mirror compared to the dress.

"One, there's nothing wrong with weight, and two, you're not even remotely big." I shook my head, "your bump doesn't even show that much." I sympathized.

"You're just saying that cause your my friend, anyone else could see how much weight I've put on." She continued.

"What weig-"

"Joshua!" I heard a deep voice say from behind me.

For once in my life I thought things would go smoothly, that I'd get out of here without an issue.

Well that was naive on my part, nothing in my life was ever easy.

"Detective," I sighed, turning around.