"joshuji!" joshua finally heard the rescuing voice call him. he looked up and spotted a waving figure with blone hair. instantly, a smile crept onto joshua's lips. "did you wait for long?" jeonghan asked with a small pout.

joshua shook his head. "no, i also arrived like five minutes ago." he lied. truth was, he was already standing there for 20 minutes, too afraid to arrive late and make jeonghan wait and too nervous to leave home not too early. plus, he didn't want jeonghan to feel bad for making him wait, so he decided to keep his mouth shut.

"well, that's a relief." the blonde sighed. "let's go inside, hm?" he recommended and joshua could only nod.

inside, they payed and borrowed some skates. at the very beginning jeonghan and problems tieing his skates properly, but after joshua helped him, they were ready to take steps on the ice. "are you ready?" joshua asked after he took his first step on the frozen surface.

jeonghan was pretty much impressed by the immediate stability joshua had on the ice after stepping on it. carefully, he shook his head. "not at all."

"come on, i'll help you."

"but what if i embarrass myself in front of you. what if you'll laugh at me?"

the american rolled his eyes. "as if i'd judge you, what do tou take me for?"

reluctantly, jeonghan gave in. "hmkay..." he murmured and grabbed the board beside him. carefully he placed his right foot on the ice, already shaking. "i don't think i can do this." he whined.

joshua stretched out his hand. "come on, i'll hold you." he reassured jeonghan. "i won't let go."

jeonghan grabbed the other's hand and dared to take another step. with legs like jelly, he stood on the ice now and was pretty much terrified he might fall and break his spine.

[a/n: and now, play strawberries and cigarettes please :D]

"alright, take slow steps now. no need to hurry." jeonghan carefully listened to what the american told him. in baby steps, the two moved, jeonghan literally in baby steps, joshua skating backwards to aid the older. it was pretty obvious that jeonghan was still nervous, but it was getting better with every step he took. "take a deep breathe, alright? and try to slide your feet, don't walk on the ice."

jeonghan tried to follow joshua's instructions. "you can do this, i believe in you." a wave of warm feelings rushed over jeonghan. joshua's words made him feel warm inside and actually worked. he was way calmer now. "yes! just like that! you're doing amazing!" the brunette praised, making jeonghan feel the exact same thing again.

but soon, jeonghan felt how joshua slowly dissolved his hands. "don't let go!" jeonghan reached out for his hands, and lost balance. "joshu- waaah!"

jeonghan expected to collide with the cold ice and feel intense pain, but instead he felt a warm, soft surface against his face - joshua's chest.

"i got you! don't worry, don't worry..."

both of them could've sworn their hearts had stopped at that very moment. they were so close to each other, sharing warmth. to make the atmosphere less tense again, joshua chuckled softly. "see, i told you i got you."

pouty, jeonghan pushed himself away while trying not to lose balance again. "you said you wouldn't laugh."

"hey, i didn't laugh because of you, bit because i really enjoy your presence." amd there was that feeling again. jeonghan felt the heat rush into his cheeks and he tried to sink into his jacket so joshua wouldn't see.

the two procerded with jeonghan's training, going over to the sliding-part without joshua's help. "like this?" he asked.

proudly, joshua nodded. "i told you you'd do a great job!" by the time jeonghan was pretty secure on his legs, the two started to skate skme leaps and just talked aboht jod and the world.

both of them wished time would've stopped. they enjoyed it so much and it felt like they'd known each other since they were small. joshua asked himself how a person he had known for a good two months could make him feel that way. jeonghan felt like home to him at this very moment, radiating a certain sense of safety and cozyness.

it made him realize he might have fallen for the young singer. maybe mingyu was right, he thought to himself. he fell into a deep thinking hole, completely missing out on jeonghan talking about his sister falling into mud on her first horseback riding lesson.

"joshuji."

"hm?"

"are you okay?" jeonghan asked with a worried voice. "you seemed a bit out of it just now."

joshua needed a moment a blinked a few times. "huh- yeah, i'm alright, don't worry i was just daydreaming, really, i'm fine."

the nervous energy in joshua's excuse made jeonghan laugh, which resulted in him almost losing balance. "wahh!"

once again, he was saved by the brunette. "careful!" he laughed.

after a few more rounds, the two decided to take a break from skating and get some hot chocolate and chocolate coated strawberries. "you want one?" jeonghan asked while chewing.

with a smile on his lips, joshua nodded. and so, jeonghan fed the other a strawberry with a concent smile. "and? how is it?"

widening his eyes, joshua grabbed the spit with the strawberries on and ate another one. "yah! hong jisoo!"

"they're so good, what the hell?"

"the magic of korean strawberries." jeonghan winked and ate another one as well.

"give me another one!" joshua whined, but jeonghan pulled the spit away. "get your own ones!" he scolded and sighed. "silly kid."

joshua theatrically gasped. "hey, i might be younger than you, but i'm not a child. i'm turning 22 this year too, you know!"

"haha, very funny. it's already december."

the younger raised an eyebrow. "it's only the second. december has 31 days, just a little reminder." he stated.

"well, then mind sharing your birthday?"

jeonghan turned over to joshua and was greeted with a tongue stretched out. "not gonna tell you. ask my roommates or something, but i won't tell you."

"what? why?!" jeognhan whined like a little child almost spilling his hot chocolate.

both of them took a step aside to not get the hot chocolate onto them. "careful." joshua chuckled. "hey jeognhan?"

"hm?"

"wanna sing again with me on wednesday?"

jeonghan's face practically lit up. "yes! i'd love to!"

both of them couldn't contain their smiles for the rest of the evening. their small date was a whole success.

~ 1565 words
edited: 2022.04.01
yes, i updated on april fool's day. no, you're not seeing things. yes, i know it almost took me a year- anways, i hope you enjoyed this~