“Hello?”, as usual he sounded so worried.  So before he asks, I’ll do the honours.

“Hello, Pii-Bii? Sorry, I was in the restroom,” I heard him sigh. I just smiled and leaned backwards. See, Aya? I told you, he’ll worry the moment you weren’t able to answer your phone. What were you thinking earlier?

“I think, I’ll be late,” Aldie explained over the phone that someone needs immediate operation and all the doctors in that shift are already engage. Also, something happened that made everyone panic this morning because there was no doctor that shift. He said that he was required to stay because of that (sounds like a student in detention because of ditching his class). I bit my lip cause I know I am the reason why he did that. Tsk. He said that the nurses are already preparing all the peripherals they will need and in twenty minutes they will start with the procedure.

“Don’t worry about me. I can go home alon-”, then he cut me.

“No, Aya. I’ll call your mom or Baron to fetch you. Don’t go home alone, please. It’s too dangerous! I can’t bear to--” he stop himself. I know what he meant.

But then again, as usual, he’ll burst out. It is really sweet of him to always prioritize my safety but sometimes I feel like he is becoming so overprotective.

I understand him though. I know he’s just afraid of what might happen to me again.

“Okay, I won’t go home alone anymore. Don’t call my mom okay? She’s probably tired of work. Same thing with your butler. Do not disturb him from whatever he’s doing. And don’t think that it’s all your fault okay? I’ll just wait for you in here like I promise you before.” I know Aldie’s smiling right now. Jeesh this guy is sometimes predictable over the phone.

Suddenly, I can feel the guy in front of me stood up. He’s probably going now so I look at his direction confidently ---‘cause I know he’ll not be able to see me--- while talking with Aldie. He seemed to be talking to Mina at the cashier stand. And there it goes again. That tingling sensation in my stomach that I felt earlier. I know, there is something wrong with me but I cannot figure out what it is. Aldie suddenly spoke of something that reverted me back to reality.

“I’m sorry Pii-Bii? I didn’t hear the last part,” I lied.

“I said, I don’t know what time I will finish. You’re probably tired,” I can feel the hesitation in his voice while saying this. I sighed. I know that he wants to be with me.

“It’s fine. Just focus okay? Remember what I told you last time? I don’t want to be responsible for someone’s life because of some doctor who cannot focus just because he’s thinking about my safety. I’m okay. I’ll stay here with earphones on while reading. Once you’re back, let’s have dinner okay?”

He just sighed. Then this feeling again of someone looking at you suppose to give me creeps but I can’t seem to feel anything against it right now. Weird.

“But,” Aldie Harris. How stubborn can you be?!

“I said don’t worry, okay?”, I said this with as much conviction as I can to persuade him.

“We’ve been at this for five minutes already, you need to go. Don’t worry, I’ll be waiting for you in here just like our normal Sunday routine,” they said that people you’re talking over the phone can really feel your emotions just by hearing your voice, so I smiled after saying this. I heard him sigh in relief and that it’s. I can now feel that he’s re-assured.