VII. Pain

~~~~KAHEL’s POV~~~~

I am Kahel Gavin Hayase, 20 years old, 2nd year student, taking Civil Engineering here at LMPU.

Haaii… Tch… Another boring day… I am here in my Psychology I class, one of my minors this semester and am already bored even it hasn’t started yet.

“Kyaaaa. The former black prince went here just to accompany his sister?! He’s so sweet! Kyaaaa!!!” so early and those low-lifes are starting to get into my nerves again. Tsk.

And whose black prince are they pertaining to? As far as I know, it has been years since the black prince title was given to someone. Oh well, I don’t care.

And then I remembered, Prince and Princess titles are only given to those who are always at the top of the annual exams regardless of whatever year you are in. We’ll sort of top 15 students only. This school has this annual exam meant for ALL students to measure their knowledge of most of everything. You can say they’re testing your general knowledge of random things. Then Black is a title given to someone who’s not proud of whatever status he/she already has in terms of their family wealth. Calling themselves scholars instead. He’s something. Still boring. Why hide your family’s status or why not just use your parent’s money? There’s no harm on it. I guess.

Oh well, whatever.

Then now what? This Professor wanted for us to introduce ourselves? Is that for real? Do they even do this crap at other college schools? Tsk. Anyway, I don’t care.

Geez. I am acting like Damien now. I don’t know why. But it’s been months since I am like this. Well, I am not grumpy and snobbish at all before… before that DAMN accident that killed her. I still shiver at the thought. I looked at my arms. The cuts are still there. It’s was not that serious but I was still cut by the car glass window when the truck hit us. It was not that visible anymore. My mom asks my surgeon to use laser technology to make sure it will not be noticeable at all. But I know it’s just there. I can still feel the pain from that wound. But the pain of losing Ally is miles farther than of my arm wound. That incident changed me. I know that. Because, I am not the happy go lucky Kahel anymore.

My close friends are also worried of me at first. To my astonishment, so did my parents. They keep on trying to make me feel alive again by moving me abroad with Yukio, my cousin. However, they eventually gave in and sent us back here in the Philippines. Yukio is the same as me. They all thought that it’s only natural for Yukio to be so silent cause they know that it’s really his personality. He’s more of like the silent one. Mysterious, so as they say. Since he’s not talking too much, they are not that worried about him.

That’s all they know. Yukio is much affected as I was. I guess they were right, we are all traumatized. But we know, we are NOT. We were just trying to hide the pain of losing her by keeping it to ourselves. I just realized this after Anika confronted Yukio and me at home. It was few months after the accident when we came back from Japan.

“All of you are so pathetic! Damien is the same. Ally’s dead and we can’t bring her back. Move on guys! She is not the only girl in this world,” Anika is already shouting her frustration towards all of us.

I know she’s just worried about us and I know her point that Ally’s not the only girl in this world. But, I will go with what Yukio told her, “..yeah, right! She’s NOT the only girl in this world. It’s true that we can find some other person named as Alira, or Freya as well. True that she’s not the only girl in this planet. But she’s the ONLYgirl who made me realize what real love is! NO OTHER girl in this world BUT HER. And that girl is already dead without knowing how much I love her!” after that, Yukio walked out. Anika and I were shocked not just knowing Yukio’s true feelings for Ally, but also because it’s probably the longest phrase he said for as long as I can remember. Well I sort of considered that Yukio has feelings for Ally just like me before, but hearing it coming from him was way too shocking than I had expected. Especially with those eyes filled with emotions. I feel for him.