Its 2nd kill

warning mentions of ED so if you struggle i hope you're getting the help you need. i care ❤️❤️

the august night burnt his throat as he ran with the streetlights being the only light source other than his orange reflective jacket.

he couldn't run any longer but knew that if he stopped he would regret it.
the music blasting in his ears as he basically begged his skinny legs to tread through just a few more minutes.

thirteen year old Bram had been running for around 30/40 minutes without letting himself take a breath. he needed to run, he couldn't stop now.

the food that he had eaten earlier sat in the sewers, it never got a chance to digest before Bram threw it up.

he threw everything up, never thinking for a second that it wasn't normal.

he thought it was normal to throw up food, though it was normal to run late at night, though it was normal that his eyes had sunken in and got darker than his naturally dark skin.

you see, Bram had it all. he was a jewish soccer player who has a lovinv and supportive family.
yet he thought he wasn't enough, scratch that, he thought he was to much.
to big.

the only thing he was throwing up was his life in soccer as muscle basically went up his throat. but Bram didn't care, as long as he had the boney wrists and tiny ankles. a rib cage that you could count, hipbones that he could stab with.

as Brams playlist ended he slowed, unable to breathe. he stood in place eventually crashing down onto the floor trying anything to breathe.

gasping and gasping for air he laid himself down, didn't care if anyone saw him.. maybe he should've as he heard a voice.

"you okay there, Bram?" it whispered

he shot up

"huff huff wha-what" bram barley got out, unable to breathe once more.

still huffing and puffing Bram tried listening closer.

"are you okay, Bram?"
it called again

"hello?!" Bram barley chocked out. he looked up, under a streetlight stood a man dressed weirdly.

"are you okay, Bram?"

Brams eyes widened
"h-how do you know my name?"

"do you need me to call you an uber?"
the voice called.

Bram knew he needed one, he was about an two hour walk away from his house, that's what you get for running non stop for forty minutes.

bram cursed under his breath.

"i don't have any money."

"that's okay, i can drive you myself."

Bram was in a position where he didn't know what to do. on one hand, he was offered a free ride home. on the other, it was a stranger he didn't know.

Bram didn't like strangers.

"i'm.. i'm okay, thank you!"
Bram called out, 'the walk home will help me burn more anyway.'

but then he realized that the only was home was to pass the man, he had to pass him in order to get home.

Bram was worried, walking towards the figure.
As he walked the figure seemed to get taller, and creepier until Bram realized that the figure was growing, faster and faster about 7ft tall at this point.
it took a step closer, then another step until it started bolting toward Bram.

"HELP! HELP ME, ANYONE!" he screamed and ran the other way, but no one heard him through his out of breath voice.

the figure was gaining, using its long legs to try and trap Bram, stopping him from running farther.

Bram slammed into the leg and feel hard onto the street.
Bram looked up as two more arms burst out of the figure while eight more eyes popped out of the skull.

Bram was at a loss for words, not that he could speak since he was still out of breath.

The figure, now at least 20 feet tall, picked Bram up and cradled him like a baby.
Bram wondered why no one had seen this massive human yet, he wondered if anyone ever will.
he wondered if he would survive.

***

The next day missing posters for Amanda Molina and Bram Calaster we're put up.

The town of derry couldn't go more mad or more clueless