The boy from his drawings

Richies alarm blasted his ears off.
'it's only 5:30' he thought, hoping to sleep for just a couple more minutes until his loving mother bursted in.

"morning sunshine!" she excitedly exclaimed with the brightest smile. he gave his mother a groan and slowly sat up.

he was going to push up his huge glasses when he realized that they feel off his face and he'd have to struggle looking for them.

struggle he will not, he decided to ditch the glasses and wear contacts even though they never really worked. he needed a heavier prescription.

richie threw on a brown shirt and a white n' blue floral button up that he didn't button up. sliding on his jean shorts he brushed his teeth and put on deodorant.
surprisingly jane was already up eating breakfast.

at 6:30 he grabbed his bike, waved his family goodbye and headed out.

stanley, bill and ben caught up with rich.
on the next intersection bev and mike joined the biking gang, all to tired to start a conversation.

richie only had one class without the losers and that class was math, 3rd period, he was not excited.

the tired boy slumped into his seat quickly finishing the math homework he had previously started in science. Richie only glanced up for a second but a small boy caught his eye. the boy walked past richie not looking and sat in the desk behind him. Richie smelt pumpkin as he walked past, and he was living for it.

Richie didn't know what got him so intrigued but he wanted nothing more than to turn around and start a conversation.
'it's to late for that.. but maybe-' he stood up with a blank piece of paper and walked to the trash in the front of the class.

turning around, he moved his eyes around the room then settled on the freckled boy. a sudden realization washed over him knocking him over as he recognized the boys face with the drawing richie made last night.

he stood in place, disbelief all over the pale boys face. then suddenly- a shove.

knocking him to the floor making his folder fly out of his bag, papers fly far in front of him.
richie looked behind him, bowers. anger crept onto richie's face as he burrowed his brows, frowning.
henry laughed as he walked out of the class to his own.

The freckled boy crouched to pick up the tall guys papers. flipping them over as if to put them in order. as he flipped one of the papers he saw a sketch in the corner. nothing like the sparkling eyes have ever seen.
it was a little girl with blonde hair and seemingly green eyes. he stared in awe and the brown eyed boy came up to him.

"you didn't have to do that." richie stated, shock in his voice.

"it was no problem. you're talented." he flipped the paper showing richie that drawing he made.

"h-hey, don't look at that!" he grabbed the paper holding it close to his chest. the freckled boy took a step back.
"sorry. i-i didn't know." his eyes darted around on the pale boys face and then darted to the floor. richies face softened, unknowing of the fact that this boys voice would soon become one of his favorite sounds.

"no, i'm sorry. i shouldn't have flipped." the freckled boy made eye contact. richie was starstruck at his beautiful puppy brown eyes seeming to sparkle under the light.
"t-thank you. for picking up my papers"

a light blush slowly crept up on the boys smooth face as he smiled and took his seat.

richie's face also turned a slight shade of pink as he walked back to his desk.

the rest of the class he seemed to be in a much better mood. he didn't know why but somehow he couldn't get the dumb smile off his face, even when it started to hurt. richie wanted to throw something out in hopes to see the cute boy again but ended up not getting up.

in lunch all the losers got together like normal but richie just daydreamed.

"okay spit it out. who's got his stomach tied in a knot?" mike questioned, pinching richies arm as if to snap him out of his daze.

richie shook his head
"w-what nothing! i mean no one."

"ok-kay you h-have to s-spit it o-out n-now." bill stuttered, smiling softly at richie. Stanley put his hand over his face and looked the opposite direction.

all the losers leaned in excited to learn more about richies new crush. he was super confused, one second he was just staring off into space and now he has a secret crush?

"i don't know what you all are worked up about but there is no 'secret crush'" he folded his arms.
"there's nothing and no one that could make me fall in 'love' or whatever"

beverly knew he was lying, she looked over at ben smiling.
ben had lost a bit of weight, to no ones surprise everyone still loved the chubby boy.
Beverly grew out her hair and it was now down to her shoulders. richie looked down, his hands clasping each other, wondering why he was daydreaming. instead of running his mouth

richie thought about the boy from math class but quickly dismissed the thought.
'he is a boy, i'm a boy. that just won't work' he thought to his frowning self.

beverly and ben looked at each other.

richie took the bus home in a drawing mood, he plopped onto his bed reaching for his sketchbook underneath.
he flipped through and landed on the one from last night. the one of the boy. richie blinked, suddenly seeing clown marks on the face. richie stared in shock and he blinked again, the marks were gone.
blankly, he flipped the page and started drawing beverly like nothing happened.