Nightmare

sounds of a pencil and the neighborhood dog barking are what keeps richie tozier awake.

it was a chilly October night, all Richie wanted to do was close his eyes but finishing this drawing kept him attentive.

humming to himself, he finished. sliding his huge colossal glasses onto the bridge of his nose, he fully took in his work.
he didn't know who it was, normally Richie drew people that he knew. but tonight, it was a boy with big brown eyes and freckles.
he was proud of this drawing for a reason he himself could not figure out.

staring at the drawing he thought about the boy. closing his eyes as if to dream, but awakened by a quite knock at his door.

quickly, he slammed his sketchbook and threw it under his bed. hiding it for only his eyes to see.

"can i come in?"
richie sees his sister jane.
(no, it's not el from stranger things- i just needed a random name)

"sure."
Jane walked in. He hands clasped and her eyes darted from Richie down to his floor.

"i- i cant sleep." she confessed, tears fell down her flushed cheeks.

richie noticed her tears and quickly took a hold of her shoulders to have her fall into his arms, sobbing. he rubbed her back with one hand and twirled her blonde hair with the other.

"hey- hey what's going on. what's wrong?"
richie softly asked.

"i-i h-had a nightm-mare"
she stuttered

"i'm listening- i'm here."
she sobbed more
"jane, talk to me. it's okay."

She pulled away from the hug and sat fully on richie's bed grabbing his hand for comfort. She looked up at him with her emerald green eyes and spoke softly.

"I had a dream, of a c-clown."
She tightened her grip on richie's hand.
"H-he said he wanted to play with me, by the circus. And- and then he grabbed my arm, walking toward a big blade machine.." jane looked up at him to see if he understood

Richie nodded, picked up Janes hand and cupped it with his other.

Jane continued. "He shoved me in a seat and then pushed you into the machine. I was screaming for him to stop but he wouldn't. He- he k-.."
She stopped talking and sobbed. Letting go of his hands she wrapped her arms around him.

"Oh Jane, I'm so sorry that happened." he whispered.

"I can't loose you, promise you'll never leave.." she gripped tighter.

"I promise, I promise to love you forever and ever." He pulled away and reassured her with a smile.

"Forever." She smiled back. "I love you Richie. You're the best big brother ever."

"I love you too Jane. Want me to tuck you in?" He offered. She accepted and they walked back to her room. He tucked her in tight turning on her belle nightlight whispering 'sleep tight'.

And that she did. Richie walked back to his room. he was always so gentle with his little sister. if anyone saw him being so nice he worried they might think he was weak. that's why he will never show anyone his drawings- art was for girls.

pulling out his sketchbook and flipping through the brown tinted pages he studied his work.
Richie was rather good, completely captivating what he could do with just a pencil and paper.
He looked at his most recent drawing tucking a price of his black curls behind his ear. he closed his eyes and slept.

if only he had seen it coming..

A/N
see? short. i really hope you kind of like it so far..
THE LOSERS AND EDDIE ARE GOING TO BE IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!!!
okay- okay. i love you! byeee
💟💖💖💝💞💞💟☮️💝💓✝️💟💖☮️💞✝️☮️💓💞💖💗