The Day You Came Along

You and Angel both walk through the streets of Hell, watching intently as cleaners wandered about. Dismembered parts and blood were scattered on every corner, sets of eyes without souls looking back at you and causing you to tremble. You already felt unstable, still not being used to your vision with only one eye. Hell was nothing like you had imagined. No flames or fire, just demons that lived lives much like you once had in life. It seemed normal in a way. Almost too normal. You wander close to the spider demon, feeling like in that moment he was the only one you could trust. Never had you thought you would or could trust a demon but today had been rather strange and it seemed like anything could happen. Life was seeming less s**t by the minute and Angel's somewhat calming smirk comforted you as you both strut towards a large building, a sign reading ' The Happy Hotel ' gleaming brightly above the slowly decaying and decrepit structure. 

" What is this place? " Your voice was full of wonder but also full of fear. You were sure your heart would be thumping violently if you had one now, watching as Angel walked slowly in front of you. His four arms swayed uncaring, turning to you with a muttered curse after noticing you had stopped in your tracks. You repeat your question to a now flustered and irritated demon, hoping that this time would prove more fruitful in providing an answer. 

" This place? Jus' a little place where I'm getting a free room " Angel chuckled before continuing, his small laugh setting your nerves on edge. 

" I'm offerin' my services to Charlie, the princess of Hell. I'm sure she would just LOVE to help you " You whimper, not knowing what to think about offering services to royalty, let alone the princess of Hell. Was she kind? Was she cruel? Did she really want to help or was there an ulterior motive? All you knew is that you had to trust this shady demon with your un-life, having no choice in the matter and practically no say. 

Inching closer to the large double doors of the hotel made you feel sick, stopping you immediately in your tracks as Angel opened the doors with a loud creak. It sounded like the doors were heavily rusted and had not been opened in a millennia, like they would fall apart at any moment and take you and every person in the hotel with it. Well it would have if the place didn't seem deserted. Not a single soul wandered the halls, echo of footsteps being the only proof that anyone resided here. Deep down it occurred that Angel could be pranking you and perhaps leading you into dangerous waters but still, you followed the spider demon down the heavily decorated halls of The Happy Hotel and hoped that soon you would find that for which you came. 

This continued for some time and you soon found yourself being rather defeated. Even if Angel was telling the truth, and it was a 50/50 chance he was ,why was there nobody in the building? Hotel's required supervision 100% of the time didn't they? At least, that was your understanding from hotels when you had been alive but perhaps hell was different. Buildings maybe didn't need someone to watch over it and run things. Hell was already a messed up place, how much more worse could it get honestly? You slump into an expensive looking couch, feeling a heavy weight on the place your heart would have been. You didn't care, having given up on any hope of perhaps restoring your life. You wipe a sole tear away from your large glistening eye, hearing Angel's boots suddenly stop tapping on the floor. He turns to you, an irritated look on his face at seeing a sorrow that he had long forgotten. You sniffle, slowly turning into cries as Angel turns around, taking a deep breath before shouting so loudly into the darkness that it would haven given you a heart attack if you had been able. 

" I know your here Al! We have a guest so get your gorgeous a** out here! " No sooner had Angel called out into the dim hallways a soft breathing could be heard in your ear. You turn slightly, seeing a figure from your limited vision dressed in a deep shade or crimson. You turn fully to face the creature, letting out a yelp after coming face to face with a huge sharp toothed grin. 

" Now now Angel, my friend. There is no need for such a ruckus is there " The man chuckled, seeming amused by the situation at hand. 

" Hello my dear, welcome to The Hazbin Hotel! "