04

Calum's POV

A few months have passed and Cassie and I have moved in together. The house isn't anything too fancy. Just a simple two story house. It's tan with black shudders, a black roof, a front porch, and a two car garage.

It's perfect for our first home. Maybe when we start a family we'll get a bigger house or add on to this one. We'll see. We still have to get married though. Cassie has been busy planning for the wedding, we decided on something small. Neither one of us were too fond of large gatherings, so just family and close friends will be attending.

I wander the house looking for my fiancé, but fail at my attempts.

My King 💕:

Baby where are you?

Fiancé 😘:

On the roof baby

I climb up to the roof and find Cassie laying under a blanket staring at the sky. "Hey baby," I lay beside her and she shifts, pulling the blanket over me. "Hello handsome," she snuggles into my side and I rub her back. "What are you doing up here?"

"Looking at the moon." I watch her, admiring her beauty. She's truly amazing. "Did you know that every night, before I went to sleep, I would look up at the moon wondering if you were looking as well?" She asks and I shake my head. "Well I would. I didn't realize it was you I was wondering about though. My exact thoughts were, 'I wonder if my future husband is looking as well.' Now that I know it's you, I couldn't be happier. I am truly marrying my best friend." I can't help the grin that finds its way to my face. I snake my arms around her and pull her closer, "I love you so much Cassandra Dawson."

"And I, you Calum Hood," she says and kisses me so gently that I almost can't feel it. We pull away from each other and look back up at the moon. It really does look incredible against the dark, starless sky.

An hour passes and we decide it's time to head back in. Cassie grabs the blanket and starts to climb in as I stand, looking toward the sky again. I take a step and lose my footing, sliding down and hitting the hard surface of the ground below. My fiancé's screams are all that I hear before I black out.

Cassie's POV

Nauseous. That's all I felt as I see my fiancé slide down and slam into the ground below us.

"CALUM!"

I immediately run down, calling for an ambulance as my feet carry me closer to the man I love. The unconscious man I love. His breathing is shallow and his head is bleeding, meaning he hit it pretty hard on the ground. I cradle his head in my lap as I wait for the ambulance to arrive. "It's okay Calum. Everything's going to be okay. The ambulance is on the way. They'll take you to the hospital and make you feel better," I whisper to him, consoling myself more than him, "they'll make you feel better, and we'll come back here and have some ice cream and watch The Great Gatsby."

The sirens start to get louder and I watch as they load Calum up and drive off. Numbly, I run inside and grab my keys and wallet. I run back out and get in my car, racing after the ambulance. As the red and yellow lights dance in front of me, I only have one thing on my mind, "please let him be okay."