13

"Thank you for letting us stay here."

"No worries, it's been a while since I've had guests." She said. "So you must be Ryan." I frowned I don't remember telling her about Ryan.

"Yes ma'am nice to finally meet you."

"Yes, how about I show your rooms?" She led us to a small cottage that was attached to the house.

"You guys can stay in the guest house, it has a kitchen, two rooms, a small living room, equipped with everything you need."

"This is too much-"

"No it's fine. I just want you guys to enjoy yourselves. Dinner is at seven so don't be late!" She said excusing herself.

"How are you feeling?" Ryan asked I could barely focus now that I had time to settle down.

"I don't feel good." I said flaring my nostrils to try from crying.

"Malor-"

"I'm okay Ryan. I'm fine. Just angry." I said sitting in the bed.

"We're going to get through this. Just like we always do."

"I know." I sighed. I took time to study Ryan's face, there was a bruise on the high of his cheekbone, which was starting to bleed.

"Ryan you're bleeding." I said getting up to look for a frost aid kit.

"I'm fine Mal." He said.

"You don't know what kind of diseases he had. I should at least clean it." He let out a light chuckle. I found a first aid kit and walked over to Ryan then realizing our height difference.

"I got you." He said picking me up he walked into the bathroom and set me down on the counter. Now we were leveled.

"You're so beautiful." He muttered, I didn't answer him immediately, putting alcohol onto his wound. He didn't flinch.

"You have a girlfriend."

"You're my girlfriend."

"Not technically Ryan, you're emotionally involved with someone, I don't want to get in the middle of that." I said putting a bit of ointment into the wound and bandaging it up.

"You still don't see it?" He asked, I gave him a confused look.

"See what?" He chuckled.

"Nothing, thank you for taking care of me." He said I gave him a confused look. "I'm going to go find something to do." He said I nodded.

Ryan POV

I laughed to myself for being so gullible. Of course she's not getting the hint. I twirled the ring around my finger, this ring was meant for her. A knock on the door distracted my train of thought.

"Is that for her?" Sasha asked. I sighed.

"It's a long story."

"I've definitely got time." She said sitting in front of me.

"It all happened so quickly. She was my neighbor and our friendship grew from there, at first she had little impact, I was single but I had multiple-" I couldn't find the words.

"Hoes?" Sasha asked with an eyebrow raised I shrugged.

"Then it was like I couldn't even bare to see any of them because I felt guilty, with every woman I saw it was like I was cheating on her, she definitely didn't help the feelings go away by getting closer, then we just obtained a natural role of having this false relationship. From the outside we looked like a couple and I guess what hurt me the most was that I couldn't enjoy seeing us from someone's else's perspective."

"Awww, how does she make you feel?"

"Even if I could put into words I don't think I would, this is who I belong with, I feel stupid for saying it but we're soulmates, I'm just giving her time to realize it before I act."

"Well, seems like you've gotten everything planned out." I nodded. "We're having dinner soon so you guys get settled then come over." I nodded

"Thank you Sasha."

"No problem." She said. I got up and walked back to our small house where Malorie was putting away our things. I grabbed her hands and pulled her towards me.

"I got you." I said.

"Why don't they love me?" She asked in a quiet voice and I could tell she was starting to cry. I couldn't answer that question for her but I held her until she calmed down.

"Alright I'm done crying. Thank you for being there. Your girlfriend is going to be really lucky." She mumbled into my chest.

"I'll be more lucky to have her." She scoffed and pushed away from my hug playfully. She wiped her face and the mood lightened but I was still walking on rocks.

Malorie

I was in a slope of emotions but one thing was for sure.
I was in love with Ryan

I didn't know how this happened and now that I had come to terms with it I wanted to stop feeling this way immediately, this wasn't savory. Not at all.

"You wanna head to the main house?" He asked.

"Yeah let me just wash my face." I said going into the bathroom. I looked at myself and frowned.

"This can't be happening. How could you possibly do this, now? Are you serious?" I whispered shouted to myself.

"You okay in there Mal?"

"Yeah I'm almost done." I said turning on the water. I started shadow boxing as representation of be beating up me feelings and it got me a little pumped up. "Okay. Let's go." I turned off the water and opened the door. Ryan standing right in front of it.

"You ready?" He nodded.

"So you're telling me that you guys aren't actually a couple but pretending to be?" Mr. Calum Jones asked. I nodded vigorously.

"Yes you see, I needed emotional support and Ryan was there."

"Ouch so you're just using me?" He asked.

"No of course not. You were the one that volunteered."

"So you guys don't actually like each other?" It was silent for one second before Sasha changed the atmosphere.

"Yes dinner is read finally. I hired a chef for the special occasion." Plates were set down in front of us.

"Everything looks amazing Sasha." I complimented she smiled.

"I'm so glad to have you guys here it's been a while since I've had visitors."

"Wait so how did you and Calum meet?" I asked she gave Calum a look and he gave an annoyed face.

"So here's how it started."