"I think you're right," He interlocks our fingers amicably while I try not to jerk my hand away. 

Frowning, I turn to him in high suspicion. Did he just say that I'm right? Because if he is, then that means one thing. He is finally agreeing with me.

The announcements linger over us, informing us of the exit ways and thanking us for flying. 

Without another word, Ian stands up to get our luggage while I lift Danny into my arms. He is no longer sleeping. Nope, he is fully awake now. 

"We home yet, mommy?" He mumbles while rubbing his large, green eyes tiredly. 

"We're somewhere better," Ian chimes in excitedly. His grin spreads until small dimples appear in his already perfect face. 

By this time we're off the jet and walking towards a large home. A very large home. 

"I want Jarhead and where is Baze? Mommy, I want to go home," His lip pokes out as he pouts sadly. 

Ian shakes his head while I console my baby. I don't know how to tell him that Jared is gone; possibly dead. And I really can't explain Blazes' dissappearance so I opt for this,  

"We're staying with daddy for a while, okay?"

I put him down before kneeling to his level. His full, emerald eyes never leave mine while I talk to him. I tell him how important it is he cooperates with me. I tell him that we'll be going home soon and to think of this as a little vacation. 

Ian unloads  our luggage while I'm trying to calm my little toddler.

"But-" He hiccups, preventing him from finishing his question. I notice the small tears slide down his puffy cheeks.

"Don't ask anymore questions Danny. Just do what Mommy says, okay?" I use my thumb to rub his tears away. With a small smile on my face, I peck his cheek.

He wrinkles his button nose while frowning. I watch him open his mouth to say something but pauses when he hears, 

"Oh, this is just perfect! So, so, perfect." The older brunette woman gawks at us. Her flawless makeup cloaks her wrinkles while her attire screams wealthy. My eyes trail from her black pumps gracing her small feet to her elbow sleeve , Milano knit dress occupying her petite frame. Elaine could be a model for her age group; late fifties.

She continues smiling while opening her arms to embrace us. 

"She isn't coming near Danny," I whisper to Ian quickly. I scoop him up and into my arms, holding him tighter in a protective manner. 

"She's my mother, Ava. She wouldn't hurt him." He replies just as quickly. 

"Ava darling, how are you? How was your flight?" She pulls me in a tight hug. So tightly I can taste the Chanel perfume. I squirm and so does Danny. His muffled words aren't heard because of Elaine's suffocating embrace. 

"Get off!" I use my free arm to push her away. 

She stumbles back with a heavy look of disapproval. Her bright green eyes narrow while she straightens her dress.  Danny's small hands clutch my shirt while he buries his face in my chest. 

"Well I see  not much has changed. Still being yourself...-" She trails off while staring at Ian. 

"-and nothing is wrong with that," flashing a quick smile at us, she turns on her heel.

 What was that about? And why is she being so nice? I catch a quick glimpse of a silent, contemplative Ian. His hands are pocketed while his face remains neutral.