"Wait!" I shout once I realize where we are. The warm summer air greets us while we stand at the entrance to the McCarran International Airport.  We're in Nevada.

His grip on my wrist tightens as he turns to face me. With Danny still sleeping in his arms, he adjusts the rest of his body to face me.

"Problem?" The small narrow in his alluring eyes forces mine to blink rapidly. I don't know why his stare has deemed me speechless. Breathless, even. 

"Because if there is one-"

"What... what about the letter?"

I'm supposed to write a letter to my parents telling them not to look for me because I went willingly. If they know what I'm doing then they'll try to stop me and I can't allow that. I can't have the police on us because  they can't help me. Only I can help myself.

"Already taken care of." 

He pulls me gently, telling me to follow. With my head down, I deliberate on whether I should ask about Jared or not. I mean we did leave in a hurry. And all I remember is Ian telling me to go pack a few of our things. By the time I came back to the living Jared's body was no where in sight.

"You okay?"  

The small crowd of individuals waltzes past us without a glance. No one notices me, Ava Campbell, the girl who was kidnapped by her stalker three years ago. No; no one realizes that I'm with the evil, ruthless man who once destroyed me. None of these people know I'm leaving willingly with the monster of my dreams.

With a small sigh, I stare up at him. His light-green eyes admire me lovingly. The intrigued yet sorrowful look he gives me only lasts a second before we both look away. 

"I...I just want to know what happened to..." I don't know how to ask about Jared. Three years ago Ian would rage at the mention of Jared. I wonder how much he's changed.

"I don't know what you're talking about." He shrugs nonchalantly. The smug curve of his light pink lips makes me want to  vomit. It's the same twistedly triumphant smirk he gave me after murdering my friend, Chris. 

With a small sigh, I follow him through the airport. I didn't realize how much I hate to follow until I'm forced to follow Ian.  

#

Silence. That is all I hear. That is all I feel. Silenced. It's as if my entire mouth is filled with cotton balls, making my throat dry and it harder to speak. I'm tired and hesitant. Tired because I don't sleep and hesitant because of Ian Hunt. I wince when I feel another squeeze on my hand. 

The only thing keeping me awake right now is the immense pressure on my hand. Ian squeezes it again when the plane begins to descend. We're experiencing a bit of turbulence and he isn't too thrilled about it. I mean you can't blame him. Who would be?

"Why do you fly?" My voice is small and cautious. I don't need him getting angry. 

I feel his head move. Possibly turning his attention to me. And then, I feel his piercing gaze on me. This confirms it. He is looking at me and making me more uneasy than I already am. 

"What do you mean? What kind of silly question is that?" He laughs forcefully while removing his hand from mine. 

"I don't think it's the question that is silly, Mr. Hunt. I think it's silly to avoid admitting your fear." I turn to him with a witty smile plastered on my face. Whoa, where did that come from?

"Well Mrs. Hunt," 

There's a frim grip on my hand once again. And then, in an instant, I feel him lift it to his sensual lips before planting a gentle kiss on it.