Chapter 2

Chapter 2: A Better Plan

Jesse looked at herself in the car mirror and applied some lip tint. "So, what's our plan?" she asked, turning to Henrick with a mischievous glint in her eye.

Henrick looked skeptical. "Are you out of your mind? Do you really think Mom will believe that I'm sick? She knows me too well, and she might even make me go for a check-up."

Jesse thought for a moment and then came up with another idea. "Okay, how about this? We pretend to date for a few days, and then we'll tell her that we're not meant to be together."

Henrick raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure that's a good idea? Maybe you really just want us to be together."

Jesse playfully slapped Henrick's arm. "You're kidding, right? You already have a girlfriend. Let's do this for the sake of our lives."

Henrick reluctantly agreed, and they decided to execute their plan the following day.

"Mom, I'm home!" Jesse exclaimed as she walked into the mansion, placing her Chanel bag on a classic sofa that they bought in Europe. The living room was adorned with a huge emerald chandelier that Jesse personally chose.

"Did you have fun on your date?" her mother asked with a smile.

"Yes, Mom, it was amazing," Jesse lied as she grabbed some grapes from the center table.

"I'm tired, Mom. I'll head upstairs now," Jesse said, grabbing her bag and heading to her room.

Jesse's room was enormous, resembling a suite in a five-star hotel. Her bed was huge and surrounded by emerald beads. She lay down and pondered if their plan was a good idea. Before she knew it, she had fallen asleep.

The next morning, Jesse rushed down to the kitchen, feeling hungry since she forgot to eat the night before. She was surprised to see Henrick already there, wondering why he was there since their plan wasn't until the next day.

"Mom, I forgot to eat last night," Jesse began to say, but was cut off by Henrick's presence.

"Why didn't you greet Henrick?" her mother scolded her.

Jesse turned to Henrick and awkwardly said, "Hey, how's it going?" She whispered to him, "I thought our plan wasn't until tomorrow."

Henrick winced in pain as Jesse flicked his ear. "Ow!" he yelped

The two adjusted their position, afraid of being caught. "Mom, I'll take care of Henry," Jesse said, pulling Henry towards the veranda.

"What's up? Kendall and I have a date tomorrow," Henry said with a grin.

"So, you want to practice flirting now so you can do it tomorrow?" Jesse replied.

Henry nodded and moved away from Jesse, knowing exactly what was going to happen. Jesse was about to push Henry when they lost their balance, and Jesse fell on top of Henry.

"Kids, what are you doing here so early?" they heard Jesse's mother say as they quickly stood up and moved away from each other.

"Mom, let me ex--" Jesse started to explain.

"It's okay," her mother interrupted. Tita Melissa, Jesse's mother, left with a smile on her face, but the two were still silent. They exchanged glances, and it seemed okay with them since it helped them believe in their plan.

The two were sweating profusely, as if they had just run several kilometers.

"Can I order one slice of red velvet cake and dark chocolate milk tea," Jesse said, handing her credit card to pay.

Jesse was looking for a seat in the café when she saw Henry with his girlfriend. She looked away and went to the opposite side of where Henry was sitting.

While Jesse ate her food, she was quiet and didn't say anything until she finished. She looked back at Henry's area, but he wasn't finished eating yet. Jesse stood up from her seat to leave the café, but as she walked past Henry and his girlfriend, Henry grabbed her hand.

"Babe, this is Jesse. I told you she would help us with the plan so that Dad's plan won't push through," Henry introduced Jesse to Bela.

Smiling, Jesse said to Bela, "So it's you. Thank you," and shook Bela's hand.

"It's okay. I don't want the plan to push through either," Jesse said as she stood up and looked at Henry with a deep sadness mixed with her gaze.

"Okay, I have to go," Jesse said as she left and headed to the restroom of the café. She looked at her reflection in the mirror and washed her face, took some tissue and wiped her beautiful face. Jesse was simple yet beautiful. She didn't wear any makeup except for her liptint. Her eyebrows were thick, her hair was shoulder-length, and her lips were red, which made her want to apply more liptint because she liked the sweetness of it.

"Why am I like this? I'm not jealous," Jesse said, looking at herself in the mirror.

"I am beautiful."

"OMG, I thought Kendall...what? Henry is a playboy!" Jesse exclaimed. 

"When I met Henry, he looked like an innocent and responsible man. He seemed decent. He had a perfect face, sexy and kissable lips, eyes that could melt you every second he looked at you, and a smile that could make you smile too. My impression was wrong. Henry is a jerk," Jesse continued.

Unreliable, a man who can make your heart fall in love but can also make you cry at the end. A man who will break your heart when he gets what he wants.

I thought he really loved Kendall, so I agreed. The plan wasn't just for me, but to make him happy with his true love. I don't want him to end up like me, losing the one I love, that even though we loved each other, we weren't meant to be together," Jesse said to herself.

"I can do this," Jesse

I stepped out of the bathroom with a surge of courage and headed towards the spot where Henry and Bela were on a date. They were chuckling at his mediocre jokes, blissfully unaware of my presence.

Without a moment's hesitation, I raised my hand and landed a resounding slap on Henry's face. He looked bewildered and clueless, unsure of what had just happened.

"For what?" he stammered, rubbing his cheek.

I raised an eyebrow, and Bela rose to her feet, her expression transforming into that of an enraged tiger that had gone without food for years.

"It's for your precious Kendall," I spat at Henry, my voice dripping with venom.