°•°• 17 •°•°

Something is wrong. Obviously something had happened. The kids has been awfully quiet that morning. He could tell that the younger ones has been rather fidgety when he's around them.

No fever. They are not sick either.

Greatly puzzled, he tried to cook their favourite food. But even then they are still not as cheerful. In fact he can see some of them tearing up, instead. But before he could even ask, either Mukuro or Kyoya would always come and safe the day-- leaving him clueless like a Tuna stranded in the river.

Just why are they so upset? Did he do something wrong? Was it the sugar rush? Does Sugar rush even make children this... listless? Or did he happen to offend them without him knowing?

What ever it is, he couldn't have the slightest hunch and only ended up extremely confused all alone... yeah. He decided to take days off even.

Some fake smiles and zero laughter. By the time it reach the third day, Tsuna was too worried that he finally had enough. He told them all to gather in his room for some talks.

"So, penny for your thoughts?" He asked. Most of the younger ones got confused, to which he chuckled a bit before then smiled as he explained, "Is there something bothering you, kiddos?"

The children just stayed quiet. Kyoya even boldly throwed his gaze. To which, Mukuro sighed. "Well, papa. The thing is. We just figures out that your family don't like us to be your children" he smiled bitterly.

Tsuna was, of course, shocked to hear this, "what? My family? How could you get to think like that?" He was scared that they met his parents while he's not there. But he tried not to show his internal panic as he gazing softly at his children.

"Just tell me what's going on, please? I'm sure we can fix it together" he said.

Mukuro, however, decided not to tell him more than he already did. He felt that they'll be broken and he won't accept them anymore--

"Colonello told us" Ryohei bluntly said. To which the eldest immediately clasped his mouth-- but it was too late.

"Colonello? He said that to you?" Tsuna asked almost gasped.

"And the others too..." Added Takeshi sadly.

Kyoya just clicked his tongue. "We know that you won't believe us. So why bother telling you?"

"Papa... leave...?" Lambo's tearing up, to which Nagi hugged him trying not to cry herself.

"No! Of course not! You guys can trust me, ok? I am NOT going to abandon you. You are my precious children, and I will protect you with all I could." He hugged the two who immediately burst into tears.

"You don't have to worry. I love you all with my whole life. I won't EVER let you go no matter what." Tsuna said as he hold them close. "I don't know what's going on but I'm sure we can get through this together" he said, emphasizing the word 'we'.

"Come here, everyone" he smiled tenderly as he opened his arms, waiting for them to come closer.

Ryohei licked his brother's palm-- making Mukuro letting go of him in disgust as the spikey haired boy hugged their father along with Takeshi who dragged his stubborn triplet, Hayato.

Tsuna smiled at this before then turning to the last two who didn't move to where they currently are. Respecting their decision, he  didn't force them to come, but rather focusing on calming the younger ones...

By the time the bed-time hit, the five of them are tired and already asleep.

Mukuro asked them to sleep in one room and he let them so, knowing that they need each other the most at the moment. Although--

"Muku-kun, Kyo-kun, can we have a talk for a bit?" He asked with a whisper.

Kyoya glared at the man, Obviously disagreeing. Luckily, this time Mukuro decided to cooperate. "I'll do it, papa!"

That indigonet knows that his brother would keep their little siblings safe and oblivious to the actual situation so he didn't bother to say a thing to the raven and just walked to the living room, dragging their father by his hand.

"Kyoya need his sleep" he lied through his teeth.

"Eh? Well, uh... ok." Tsuna has no choice but agreed. That or he'll get no info at all.

Once they both are seated, Mukuro let out his real personality out. Crossing his legs, and arms, he then started. "Sawada Tsunayoshi..."

The brunet was shocked at the firm gaze and cold tone he's using. "What are you scheming?"

Sweating bullet, that brunet gulped.
'What in the world is going on???'