Ch. 4

Enjoy and don't forget to Vote!

Y/n's POV:

"C-Can you keep a secret?" Ariana asks.

A secret? Oh god, I don't like secrets. But she looks like she could really use a friend and if I have to be that person, then I will. I know what it's like to need someone and not have them, it sucks.

"For you? Sure"

She smiles lightly at me, then pats the empty space next to her on the couch. I get up and take a seat next to her, while she finished trying to wipe away her mascara.

"Okay, so I know we don't know each other very well yet, but I don't know, I just get this comforting vibe when I'm around you, ya know? Sorry if that's weird, but I just feel like I can trust you for some reason." She says, looking at me.

Well that's a first. I mean I am a trustworthy person, I've gone through a lot of shit, especially personal stuff, like my condition.

"No, it's not weird."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, now what's bothering you?"

"Well you see, the uh song we were just playing around with, it's um kinda about someone." She says.

"Is it about Mac?"

she shakes her head no.

"Pete?"

She shakes her head again.

"No, it's uh about Mikey..."

Mikey? Wait isn't he one of the social house dudes? Why is she upset about him?

"He and I got kind of got close over the past couple months and I started to catch feelings. I thought he felt the same, so I told him."

"And?"

"He rejected me, saying that he was into someone else, and that it'd probably be best for us to stay away from each other so that no body gets the wrong idea." Tears started to well up in her eyes again.

"That's not right. Even if he doesn't feel the same. It's not fair to say that, I mean you guys work together."

She nods and sniffles.

"I just-I don't understand, is there something wrong with me? Every time I catch feelings for someone, I always end up getting hurt!" She says, while trying her best not to cry.

I hold out my arms and as soon as she leans onto my chest, she breaks down.

"It's just s-so hard. Having to put on a fake smile a-all the time. I-I just want to be happy" she says in between sobs.

"It's gonna be alright. You just have to be tough." I feel her pain, I really do. She just wants someone to love and accept her, just like I do.

"That's just what everyone e-else says"

"I'm sorry, I wish I could tell you something else, but at least you're not alone. You have your family and friends to help you through it all. The worst part is that it takes time and I'm willing to help you whenever I can, well that is if you want me too."

"T-Thank you"

It's strange how similar we are, we both want the same thing, just mine is a little more complicated.

I continue to let her cry in my arms until she was able to get herself under control.

"Feel any better?" I ask as she sits up and I hand her a tissue.

"A lot, thanks again. I know I made the right choice of hiring you." She says laughing slightly.

I almost forgot about that.

"Um speaking of hiring me. I was wondering if I would be doing anything more-well complex? I'm grateful to be here, no doubt, but I just don't feel like I'm really working."

"Well I don't really have a lot going on right now, since I'm on break, so your work schedule is pretty light. Is there anything in particular that you had in mind?" She asks.

"I mean, I enjoyed helping you in the studio just now. My goal is to get a job working with music, something like what we did today."

She looks at me and I can tell she's taking in every word I'm saying and giving it much thought.

"Mmm something like that I don't think I'd be able to help you with."

Great, just great.

"At least not on my own. I could always talk with my manager Scooter, and ask him to keep an eye out for any possible job opportunities?" She says.

"Wait, really?" Oh my god, that would be so helpful. That is if Scooter is willing to do that.

"Yeah, I'll give him a call later"

"Oh my god you're the best! Thank you so much!" Without even thinking I engulf her in a tight hug. I was about to let go, until I felt her arms wrap around my back.

"You're welcome, and really I should be thanking you" she says, making us both laugh.

Well, this has turned into quite an interesting day.

To Be Continued...