𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 10

I felt the beam of the lights on my face come through the blinds. I picked up my watch from Steve's nightstand, it read 8:45, it was time to get myself up and get ready for work. I kicked Steve on the back, trying to wake him up. He tried shooing me away but I began to kick harder, "Ow!" He yelped, "What was that for?" Steve tried reaching over to rub his back. "We have work at 9 am sharp! And I'm not gonna be late because of you so get up!" I said. I picked up his uniform from the chair and threw it at him.

I went across the hall and into the bathroom to get changed. I threw on my hat and uniform, did my hair and put on a bit on makeup. I could smell my Aunt cooking breakfast through underneath the door. I take a big whiff and smiled, "Pancakes" I said to myself. Sadly I had no time to eat her delicious meal but once Steve and I began to make our way out the house, he grabbed two pancakes on the way out... Typical.

We hurried our way to Soda's house for our ride to work. I was too focused on getting myself to work and of course Steve was too busy shoving his face with pancakes. When we got to the Curtis' Soda was still in a towel. He looked like a wet dog, I tried not to pay attention because as he was running around naked trying to find his pants. Once he got himself more together, Soda grabbed his shoes and we all ran out to Darry's truck. We all hop in, I check my watch and rolled my eyes, "Great we are gonna be a minute late" I said shaking my head. Sodapop chuckled at me, "Slow your roll Riz, what's the rush?" He asked. I shrugged, "Nothing, I just like don't like being late" I replied.

"That's very mature of you. Wish these two fools worried more about getting their asses to work on time" Darry commented. Sodapop and Steve both rolled there eyes. "Well we wouldn't be a minute late if Clark Kent over here stepped on his gas a little bit" Steve points over at Darry. Darry scoffs, "The only thing I'm about to step on is your skull" Darry added. "Ooh tough guy" Steve said sarcastically. Darry parks in front of the DX, "Alright I'll pick y'all up later. Riz you have my permission to beat them if they start acting like idiots again" Darry gives me a wink and drives away.

Sodapop unlocked the store door and we all walk inside. I flip over the sign "Closed" to "Open" and walk behind the counter. We started doing our usual duties, I worked at the register, Steve worked on the cars, and Soda pumped the gas. Eventually (as always) girls began to flood outside the store, surrounding Soda like he was Elvis Presley or John Lennon. When they stopped parading Soda and began to buy what they came for like candy and snacks, it started to get quiet around the store and I started distracting myself with a magazine I found in a pile. A couple minutes passed by and I hear the door open and the bell ding. I looked up from the magazine and saw it was Dally. I picked myself off the stool and awkwardly stood there, I wasn't sure if I should be worried that he was here. Secretly, I was kind of enjoying seeing him. Even though our "relationship" wasn't so well... great. I knew I was slightly attracted to his character, as bad as that might sound. I mean he's a criminal for god sake!

"Hi..." Dally said. I blanked out for a sec, "What are you doing here?" I asked. He raised an eyebrow and I shook my head and awkwardly laughed, "I-I mean what can I get you?" I stuttered. Dally brushed it off, "Uh yeah let me get a pack of Marlboro's" He said. I nodded my head and grabbed the pack from behind me, "Here" I said passing it over to him. I adjusted my hat and asked, "Would that be all?"

Dallas took the plastic covering off the pack of cigarettes. He put one cig in his mouth and another behind his ear. He sighed, "I didn't mean to go off on you like that about the whole Johnny situation last night" My eyes went wide, "Are you apologizing to me?" I said kind of chuckling. Dally smirks and shook his head, "No, no, I'm just saying it wasn't cool. I got a out of hand but it's only because I look out for him and since his accident, I've been keeping more of a sharp eye on him. And also cause I had a pretty great time with you" Dally admitted and smiled. I smiled back at him, "I get it, it must be hard for all of you to watch him struggle through that and to admit, I had a great time too" I said.