𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 36

Next morning;
11:30 am
12 hours before the rumble...
It was the day of the rumble, Randy and I decided to meet for an early lunch because we didn't want to cause as much tension with any of the groups. We worried that the Greasers or Socs seeing us together would cause more unnecessary problems. Nobody was really around during this time. We grabbed a seat in the corner and plopped ourselves in one of the booths.

"Wow, I can't believe you picked this place." Randy says looking around, "The last time I was here was for Jack's last birthday, you remember that day?" Randy asks smiling. I laughed, "That's why I chose here, don't you know what today is?" I replied. Today would've been Jack's 17th birthday, Jack was the only one in the group who made us all forget about our stupid labels and what it meant around here. He actually made us feel like people...

(IF Y'ALL DON'T REMEMBER WHO JACK IS, HE WAS RIZ'S EX BOYFRIEND WHO DIED FROM CANCER... CHAPTER 24!!)

And yes, as shocking as it might seem, Randy and I were actually once friends. Jack, David, Randy, Me, and this other girl Tammy were a group. I wasn't really sure where Tammy is today, I haven't seen her since my going away party. The group ended right after Jack died and Randy began to spend more time with Bob Sheldon. After I left Tulsa, I never heard from anybody.

Randy sighed, "He's been gone for too long." He says. I nodded, "Yeah, the crazy part is that it's only been a year." I frowned, "And now David's dead too, cops still never found out who slaughtered him." Randy said. I took a long sip of my water, thinking about Steve cracking David's head open, "Oh yeah, I remember reading about that in the paper, I was so devastated." I said making up a lie. Randy shook his head, "No, that bastard deserved it." I raise an eyebrow, "You think so?" I questioned.

"Yeah, you remember Tammy, right?" Randy asks, "Of course, how could I forget? The five of us would spend every day together, where has she even been?" Randy looked down and played around with his cuffs, "Nobody knows, she's been missing since April." he comes out to say. My jaw slightly dropped open, "Oh my god, and there's been no sign of her ever since?"

"Nah, the last time I saw her was three nights before she disappeared." Randy starts, "She knocked at my door, she was wet, crying, and freezing. After I brought her inside to dry her up, she tells me David took advantage of her." his tone dropped way down and I froze there for a second, as I thought of the night of the drag race. How terrified I was and all the other emotions that I was feeling that night, if David had gotten away with killing me the day he showed up at the DX, then there was definitely a big chance he got away with killing Tammy.

I sat there fearfully, "That poor girl." I mumbled with my hand over my upper chest. If Tammy was really dead, that only left Randy and I, the last remains of our old group.

In the middle of eating, Randy brought up Johnny, "Did you get to see how your friend was doing?" he asks me, "Yeah yesterday after I saw you, Two-bit, Pony, I, stopped by at the hospital to visit him and Dally." I said, "Your friend Ponyboy seems really interesting, he didn't say much yesterday, but he sure was an eye opener for me." Randy says.

"What did y'all even talk about? If I may ask." Randy took a bite of his bacon, "Pretty much what I was tellin' you" Randy goes on to say, "How tonight was going to be pointless and how I'm not gonna show." He said, "Does anybody else know you ain't going?" I asked, "Cherry does, but that's only because she stopped by to ask me about using weapons."

"Weapons?" I said, "Don't worry, it's only going to be a fair fight. I call the shots" Randy replied, "Oh that's good, I got nervous there for a moment." I breathed out.

1:30 pm
11 hours before the rumble...

By the time both Randy and I finished with our lunch, Randy suggested taking me for a ride in his mustang, "So have you heard from your sister?" he asks. I turn my head towards him, he faces me, "Come on, one of us had to bring her up." Randy chuckles. I sighed, "No I haven't heard from anyone and I'm pretty sure they don't want anything to do with me." I said.