Chapter 11

Hizashi tiredly rubbed his eyes. He had spent the whole day reading and had forgotten to eat dinner.

He blamed the book; it was too enjoyable and Shota did a great job hooking the reader, Hizashi, in the first few pages. He didn't put the book down until he realized how late it was. He was only a little over halfway done with the book.

He couldn't wait to get back home now, speed walking across streets with a bag in his hand. It was late and the streetlights' shine hurt his eyes a bit. He yawned again. Ordering takeout was becoming a daily thing; the people who worked there had already starting to prepare food in advance just for him.

Just as well to get his food quickly, since he wanted to get back home and sit down with his food and book, enjoying the peace and quiet that mixed with the fantasy and action in Rise. Hizashi couldn't help thinking about how hypocritical Shota was. The topics in the story about friendship and bravery was not something Shota talked about at all, or showed.

Lost in thought, he was suddenly brought out of it when he saw something out of the corner of his eye when he passed by an alley.

A dark figure, crouched down in the shadows. Hizashi was mildly curious, assuming it was some poor beggar or drunkard. However, before he could walk away, he heard a sound, like metal bending and scraping against metal. This mixed with a moist sound of chewing. It was coming from that figure. Hizashi gulped.

He slowly started backing away, but as if sensing his presence, the figure turned to look at him. The dark hair covered most of his face, but Hizashi could see the tired, red eyes. The scar gave it away.

"Aizawa?"

Hizashi walked forward to him again slowly.

"Oh, it's you." Shota turned his head back down, brushing him off.

"What are you doing?" Getting closer, Shota raised an arm, waving him back.

"Move back. You're going to scare them."

As Hizashi's eyes adjusted to the darkness, he could see that Shota was holding a small can and there were at least five cats in front of him. There were a few more opened cans on the ground, with multiple cats eating from them.

Hizashi fell silent, watching as Shota peeled off the top of the can. He finished up a few more and got up. Starting at Hizashi, he asked, "So...?"

Hizashi scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. "Nevermind, I got my answer."

Shota hummed a response and moved past him, bumping his shoulder.

Hizashi chuckled a bit. "Man, I thought you were someone else. A weirdo or something, crouched in the darkness like that."

Shota stiffened."Hm."

"I thought you don't go out often," Hizashi continued."You came out just to feed the cats?"

There was a pause before his answer. "No, I wanted to get something to eat. Might as well feed the strays while I'm at it."

"This late?" Hizashi chirped. "Takeout?"

Shota shrugged, then glanced at the bag in he blond's hand. "Same as you, I presume. I forgot my wallet though."

"Good thing I bought extra. I wanted to save leftovers for another day but you can have some." Hizashi took out a container from the bag. "It's sushi."

Shota shook his head. "It's fine. I'll make my own food at home. I'm most likely going to skip though, I'm tired."

Hizashi frowned, but said nothing. The silence didn't last long, as expected with Hizashi's big mouth.