Chapter 1 |Sweatpants Don't Have Belt Loops|

Edited by: Lilli Anderson (teddysnicker328) she gets the dedication

>

The beautiful Gage>>>

>

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I reached my arm out through the darkness and felt my skin brush the cool wood of my beside table.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beeeeeeeeeep.

I searched the wooden top for any sign of my alarm clock. When I couldn't find it I let my arm drop. I was full of frustration and an ALARM CLOCK, an INANIMATE object was the only thing standing in between me and my precious sleep.

I threw my plush covers back in frustration and flicked my light switch. I winced and then groaned. Why was life so agonizing. Who invented school on Mondays. Why couldn't school start on Friday? Then everyone would be happy!

I turned toward my closet and hastily grabbed a pair of sweatpants and a random teeshirt. Lord knows which one. I quickly. Threw it on and then I casually walked past my window hoping it was shut. I didn't want an accidental flash. No such luck. My window was open, but his perfectly tanned back was turned toward me with his wet black hair shining, dripping water onto his bare back.

I quickly turned to my door before he turned around and caught me staring. I made my way to my bathroom and brought a brush through my annoyingly curly russet hair. I slipped my contacts into my eyes.

However, I yet against found myself staring at him. At the beautiful creature that I got to call my next door neighbor. Gage Archer.

Though, I, Landon Derek, the goodie two shoes of Alend High could never, in my wildest dreams, have the honors of landing the bad boy of our prep school.

Suddenly, he turned around and shot me his signiture smirks. Gage doesn't date. He likes to lead girls on. But he doesn't, in all the history of Athens, Georgia, date.

<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>

I slid my books into the top cubby of my locker while avoiding eye contact with almost everyone.

"Hey! Did you get your essay done?" Oh crap. I flinched. That one question asked by my best friend Allie was left hanging in the air untouched. "Well, did you?"

"Look, I meant to start it..." Allie rolled her eyes. Please say it's not due tomorrow. Please say it's not due tomorrow.

"You know it's due tomorrow. Right? Wow. I can't believe YOU, LANDON DEREK, forgot to finish the essay!!" Allie rambled while I kept mentally face palming.

"Okay, okay, I'll go to the library after school okay. I'll finish tonight. I swear." I said.

"Well, remember my extra copy of Romeo and Juliet okay?"

"Fine." I mumbled. It was a habit of mine to procrastinate. Yet, somehow, I still always managed to get an A+.

I dragged my self to last period. When will it stop? When can I finally leave this dreaded high school?

<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>

Finally. The day is over. I slid my backpack into the passenger seat and it felt as if the weight of the world had been lifted off my shoulders. I turned my keys in the ignition and my car made a strange gurgling sound.

"No no no!" I screamed. I hit the steering will and rested my head against the headrest. Why did this have to happen to me?

I heard a knock on my window. I turned to me the deepest most endearing blue eyes. Gage motioned for me to roll the window down. I did, but not before hesitating.

"Yes?" I asked trying to keep my voice from screeching.

"Your car isn't starting." He said blandly

"Yeah. I noticed." Thank you captain obvious!

"Need me to look at it." He asked his eyebrows drawing together, creasing his forehead.

"Um that's not neccisa-" dispute my protests he reached in front of me and pressed a button. The hood popped up and I glared at him. He started walking toward it and gestured for me to follow. Despite my head telling me to stay in the car, I scrambled out behind him. "Do you know what it is?" I asked as he inspected the engine

"Your belt is loose."

"My what?" I said looking down at my sweat pants. Sweat pants don't have belt loops.

I looked up at him to see him looking at me amused. "The car's belt you idiot."

I huffed, "I am NOT an idiot!" He may be a senior and I may only be a junior, but calling people idiots is extremely rude!

"Whatever you say princess." I glared at him as he turned back to the car.

"You need a ride. This car isn't going anywhere until it sees a tow truck." I groaned. Just another disaster I can add to my generous supply.

"Great. Now where am I going to get a ride?" I ran my hand down my face.

"Well, you know I was going to go to the diner with some friends if you want to tag along..." Gage trailed of as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"And remind me why I would go with you." I stated. "I mean, for all I know you could be a serial killer just waiting for the opportunity to shoot me multiple times."

"Or, I could be Prince Charming saving you from the dreaded.... Taxi" I rolled my eyes "Unless you'd rather stay her all night. By all means nothing's stopping you."

I groaned. "Fine! I'll go, but after we are going DIRECTLY home. Understand?"

"Yes ma'am." He smirked and draped his arm over my shoulder. "Come princess. You're about to have the best dinner of your life." Oh god what have I gotten myself into?

📰

A

U

T

H

O

R

'

S

N

O

T

E

📜

So yeah. I'm deleting my other stories besides sing to me so enjoy your lovely selfs. Sing To Me, The Daughters of the Great Three Gods, and this one, The Boy with the Black Hair, will be the only ones left up. So yeah. Sorry, I'm trying to cool down on the fan fictions and trying to write more realistic stories. So YAY!!!

COTE PLEASE (comment and vote) thank you for that slim_shady! Now this chapter will be dedicated to my most recent follower, 297th follower, PrincessAnnabeth.