Chapter 8 |53¢|

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Landon's outfit-->

Warning❗️: not edited

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ow" I yelped as Ally pulled at my hair. As she says: Beauty hurts.

"One. More." I felt one last final tug. The worst by far. "Well at least I finished your hair. Now for your makeup...."

I groaned.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

30 minutes of pain and torture ended in shock. I didn't recognize the girl in the mirror. I mean, she looked like me, but a more sophisticated version.

"Wow." I breathed the words out, unwilling to admit that it was my eyes and my cheeks and my lips and my face looking back at me.

"I'm proud of my work. I suppose you are finished." Ally smirked smugly.

"Ally... You're a miracle worker."

"Well, it takes a miracle to calm that hair of yours. Yikes." She flinched mockingly.

"Yeah yeah yeah." I flicked my hand at her, still looking at the creature in the mirror.

"Good job Ally. I think she's an improvement." I gasped at the voice and spun around.

"STOP. JUMPING. THROUGH. MY. WINDOW." I screeched at the smirking Gage standing before me.

"Hey. I was complementing you!" Gage argued defensively.

"Saying I'm an IMPROVEMENT is NOT a complement!" I snapped pushing him towards the window.

Suddenly the doorbell rang and I heard my mom head to go get it. Oh no.

"Please, just behave. If my mom asked how you got here, say that you're a friend who came over to help study or help me get ready or whatever, but don't say anything mortifying please!" I begged Gage.

He cocked an eyebrow. Something I never seemed to be able to do. "Only on one condition."

I groaned "Fine. What is it?"

"YOU have to help ME pass senior AP calculus. You're the only junior that made it into AP calculus 12, much less aced every test."

I groaned again "FINE!!! Now come on!"

I flew out my bedroom door after looking quickly into the mirror for a last minute check, stunned again by the person I saw looking back at me. I shook it off and headed down the stairs.

My mom stood I front of the open door. I slid in behind her, pecking her on the cheek.

"Wow." I heard Heath breathe. I turned in his direction and gave him an adoring once over. He was wearing a white button down shirt half tucked into his black jeans. He wore a brown belt that looked like it didn't belong there. His hair was slicked up into his usual spike.

"Not to bad yourself" I said, surprised that my voice didn't betray me. I felt underdressed. I was wearing a hot pink shirt and a pair of dark blue jeans with pink, stitching. I had a baby blue purse slung over my shoulder and a pair of old fashioned flats. "I'm underdressed."

"No. You're perfect." My mom cleared her throat. I turned and gave her a hug.

Gage and Ally appeared behind her. Gage smiled and laughed. "We did good Ally. We did good."

I rolled my eyes and looked back at Heath who was smiling back at me. "Shall we" I smiled at him.

"We shall." He smiled back. His eyes glimmered and I swear I turned so red the tomatoes would be jealous.