Four

"You aren't the only one watching her."

Cameron re-read the gold tablet, his eyes scanned every inch of it as his hands fumbled to flip the weighted plate from the front to the back.

"What?" he whispered

Cameron was confused. Who was "Her"? And who was watching her? Better yet, how did this get into his room?

After giving it one last look, rubbing his thumbs over the letters engraved in the gold, he took the tablet and placed it in the drawer next to his bed, stuffing it under some clothes. He didn't know why he was hiding it, but he felt like he should. Something just didn't feel right. Cameron then began to slowly pace around his room, his mind raced with questions.

"What does it mean?" He became loud, his confusion growing causing him to become frustrated quickly and grip his curls.

Fear also ran through his body. Who put this in his room? How did they get in? He eyed his door looking for a solution, then he looked towards his window, seeing that it was slightly raised.

Squinting, he stared at the window.

"Did I leave my window open?"

Cameron laid back onto his bed, thinking. Trying to make sense of all that was happening.

"What does what mean?" The smell of popcorn takes over Cameron's room as Maya waltz's in, a bowl full in her arms.

Cameron sits up and looks at her, then holds his hands out and motions for her to pass the popcorn, which she does as she sits next to him on his bed.

"Nothing, Maya." He lets out a sigh and stuffs his mouth.

He couldn't tell her, not yet at least. He wanted to figure it out for himself first.

Maya raises her brow and squints at the boy, slowly placing popcorn in her mouth.

"Uh-huh.." She scans his face. "Well if it's about Celeste, don't fuck this up. I already like the girl. She likes Harry Styles and so do I, we're basically sisters now."

"Wait, what?" He looks at his sister. "No, no it's not about Celeste." He glanced towards his window.

Then his pulse quickened.

The man.

Was it him? From earlier?

His blood ran cold as he thought about the events earlier and how they could be connected to the gold note in his drawer.

"Did Celeste get the note too?" He wondered.

"Cam..Cameron..? Hellooooo Earth to Cameron?" Maya waved her buttered fingers in front of his face. "Everything okay? You look kinda pale." She grabbed his face.

"Maya, ew dude." he grimaced and slapped her arms as the greasiness on her hands touched him.

"Sorry, you spaced out."

"You had butter on your hands." He wiped his face.

"I know, anyways, I'll be taking this." She swipes the bowl from his arms and begins to make her way out the door, but she stopped in her tracks seeing as a loud vibration came from the nightstand by her brother's bed.

"The hell is that?" Maya asked, mid-chew.

Cameron froze.

"The hell is what?" Cameron played dumb.

"You don't hear that? The vibration?" She looked at him, eyes wide."I think it's coming from your drawer." Maya started to make her way to the nightstand