Chapter-5

LUKE'S POV

While dropping her home, I could clearly see fear in her eyes. I wondered if it's for the incident or to stay outside for so long. I was confused though I knew something was definitely not right. The fear and pain in her eyes, I can easily relate to that. She must have something to say. Something is common between us.

......................................

Entering home, I was so afraid of both Rubyum and George. I had a feeling that if not George then Rubyum will definitely guess what has happened to me. She will guess it for sure. I walked slowly and then I stopped. I saw Rubyum working so late at night.

"Rubyum?"
She turned around and gave me a smile. Isn't she angry?

Calm down Lisa. The atmosphere before a Strom is always peaceful.

"Hi, honey. You came back so late. Is everything alright?"

Something is wrong. How come she is so calm?

"Yes, everything is fine." Then I asked her that question.
"Are you angry?"
"No." She replied.

What!

"O." Though I know it's very unusual. Rubyum is strict in case of returning home before 12 am at night. She always scolded me and George if we were late for different reasons. Then today I was expecting the same. I don't know how she is so calm as if nothing happened whereas I know something must have happened. But what?
Thinking that, I went to my room to change my clothes while I did not see George around. Probably he is sleeping. This is also strange that he didn't even come to talk to me. Whenever it's something related to Sophia, George never leaves me until he gets all the information about her. Today he is also missing. I wonder what happened in my absence. I then changed my clothes and took a shower and brushed my teeth. Coming out, I heard a doorbell. Who came so late at night? I went downstairs to see and it was George. Why is he so late? Where he was? I probably made a sound which caught their attention and they both looked behind and saw me.

"I heard a doorbell so came to check." I tried to explain myself.
"No, it's good that you came. We need to talk." She said .

Is it something serious?

"Sure. Please go ahead."
"Your grandma is not well Lisa. She got a heart attack today. "
"What? When did it happen?"

Grandma means Rubyum's mom is one of my support system. She was always there for me whenever I needed her. Both Rubyum and grandma took care of me. However I couldn't update grandma about my recent days since I knew she was not keeping well and doctor prohibited everyone to talk to her. I will be shattered if I lose her.

"It happened just after you left. We got a call from LA and she is now admitted into the hospital. She doesn't want to stay there anymore thus she wants me to keep her here in New York." said Rubyum.
"What are you gonna do?" I asked.
"George and I will now go to LA and bring her here." She replied.
"Without me?" I was shocked.
"Yes, honey." She took a pause and looked behind where George already left for packing. Then she again started.
"I do know what had happened to you,Lisa."
"What?" I can't believe she knows already.
"Yes. I got a call from one of my friends from the same hospital you were admitted. She is a doctor over there and called me instantly to go there. Unfortunately, I couldn't make it and I apologise for that. I had to make sure that I leave for LA asap and so I was busy taking preparations for that. Moreover I knew there was a guy from the party with you,who, my friend said was very co operative and supportive. I was relieved listening to that. Please forgive me." she started crying.
"No, Rubyum please. You don't need to apologise. I know you were busy and I had Luke with me."
" The guy is very sweet. I also got to know that the doctors strictly prohibited you from going any other places for now. I and George will leave tonight and you will stay only for 2 days."
"Okay, Rubyum. Don't worry. I'll take care of myself. " I assured her that.
"In the morning, on of my friends, Alice will join you. I'll give her the spare keys. She will stay with you for 2 days. Don't worry. I have already written her number on that sticky notes."
"Okay, Rubyum. Please do go and pack your bags. Let me help you out."
"Okay." She then kissed my forehead and we both went to her room and packed her bags. Meanwhile George was also ready and it was the time for both of them to leave. I waved them bye and they did the same. For a moment I felt as if George was keeping a distance with me. Though I'm hopeful it's because of the hustle. George and Rubyum both sat in the car and went to the airport.
I then entered my room and sat on a couch. I was thinking of grandma and praying for her. Meanwhile I got a call from George that they reached the airport and told me to sleep for now. I then went to my bed, changed clothes and slept thinking bout everything that happened today.

Next morning, I woke up by 10 am. Oh Gosh! The doorbell, someone was at the door. I was still in my night suites, I hesitated for a moment that whether I should check or change. Later I thought of checking at first. It must be aunt Alice. She will understand definitely. I then quickly went downstairs,opened the door and saw, LUKE!

Oh no!

"What are you doing here?" I asked being surprised.

He was looking at me as if I did a crime opening the door in my night suites.

"What? Why aren't you replying?" I asked again.
"Well, I called you twice in a row but you didn't receive." He finally replied." I thought you might be in some trouble. So thought of coming over her to check it out. I hope I have arrived in the right time or?" He smirked.
"Oh, I was actually sleeping. And umm yeah I'm fine. Don't worry." I replied.
" So shall I go?"
" You can come inside if you want."

What? What did I do? Why have I asked him that?

"Okay. Coming." He replied.

Sigh!

" I didn't know you sleep till so long being a boxer." He said in a sarcastic tone.
" Well, I slept late at night because of an issue." I said.
"What issue?"
"Well,my grandma is not well so George and Rubyum had to leave for LA yesterday night."
"What? What happened to her?"
"She got a heart attack."
"Oh no. Why didn't they take you?"
"Rubyum got to know bout last night's incident through one of her friends and so she wanted me to stay at home and rest."
"Alone?" He asked being surprised.
"No. One of her friends will come to stay with me."
"When?"
"She was supposed to be here right now. I will call her after I'm done with my breakfast."
"Okay,let's do it."
"What? You didn't eat your breakfast at home?"
"No." He replied with a cold tone.
"Okay."

I don't know what has happened to him.

Before I started to make breakfast,I changed my clothes. I kept it normal.While I was making breakfast, he watched "Tom and Jerry" on Television. I was surprised. I never imagined that he might have this childish nature.

I like it!

So,after I made our breakfast,I called him and he ate without saying a word. I also didn't ask him the reason of being frustrated over something. I then cleaned the dishes and went upstairs. I then charged my phone and took a shower. When I came out of the washroom,I saw him playing with my Rubik's cube.

"Hey." I called him.
"Hello. Are you done?"
"Yes. I thought you left."
"No, I'm here to take you somewhere."
"Where?"
"Please get ready and you will get to know.

I hope he isn't asking me for a date!

He then went downstairs and I kept on thinking where it could be. Meanwhile I wore a black shirt with white pants and white shoes with black stripes. I then applied sunscreen lotion and a nude lipstick. Wearing my white watch and round black shades,I went downstairs. He was still watching cartoon network. Cute!

I then saved aunt Alice's number and went to talk to him.

"Shall we leave?" I asked
"Yes, please." He replied

Then we went to sit in his black BMW M3 and started our journey for the place he wanted to take me.

  ===============================

Hey, y'all. I'm sorry for not making this chapter much interesting. I was going through a tough time and the consequence is above. I will try to make next chapter as beautiful as I can.

Luke is responsible. Isn't he?

I hope y'all enjoy. XOXO