Chapter Thirty: I Almost Forgot the Press Coverage

It's too early. Way too early. I should roll over, and go to sleep. It's Saturday. I should be asleep. What am I forgetting? Why can't I sleep? I had a long night last night. Why the hell can't I go back to sleep?!

  I opened my eyes begrudgingly, and looked at the clock. It was seven thirty. I dragged myself far enough out of bed to see Twin walk into the house, carrying her backpack. She was fully dressed, hair done and all. She normally wore it in a loose pony tail, but for four and a half days now, it'd been hung loose around her shoulders. She was really pretty, but refused to think so. 

  "Twin! Why aren't you dressed!?" she practically screamed. She was missing her shoes, which she habitually forgot in my room. 

  "It's Monday, isn't it?" I said.

  "Duh!!"  

  We ran into my room, and luckily I could dress quickly. I tugged on the shirt Liam bought me, skinny jeans, and my Lower East Side boots. There was a hole wearing in the toe, but I loved them. I ran a brush through my hair  and ran out the door, Twin a few feet infront of me. 

  My phone buzzed, and I answered the call from Liam.

 "Lea! Wake up! I toally forgot today was Monday!" he sounded worried, and really tired.  "I'm sorry.."

  "It's 'kay Liam. I'm already sprinting out the door, but we still have to pick up impatience. Love you."   I said quickly without thinking.

  "Love you Lea," he said, almost awkwardly.

  I hung up the phone. Last night, Liam and I stayed up until two in the morning, he didn't know what time it was, on skype trying to finish the last details for the concert Friday. We desperately avoided all talk of "Shayliam", which was exploding on Twitter. I had gotten thirty seven new followers in an hour this morning, and I was up to ten thousand. It was crazy! Everyone thought we were dating, but at least half of them only followed because the boys followed me. Then there was true fans, who were just there because I was a good person, and they loved One Direction. 

   Liam'd made me send out a tweet about the concert, for select followers only, and there was a total of two hundred and ninety seven people already attending. Needless to say, I was scared to death.  

  I quickly checked Twitter while Twin knocked on the door of her sister's house, where we were to pick up her neice impatience. I actually wasn't aware of her real name. She got the nickname when I first met her, and I let her real name slip away.

  #Shayliamisreal was trending on Twitter. I pressed the link to see what it meant. It really wasn't new, but I wanted to know what inspired it. 

  My eyes widened, my jaw literally dropped, and my body froze. There was pictures from everywhere we'd been. The fair, the pharmacy, milkshakes, pizza, on the gondola. The gondola was a big one. There were at least twenty pictures of us on it. I was huddled close to him, crying, and he was... kissing the top of my head? 

   I had a ton of new tweets to answer, but the one on top said "I'll be at your concert Friday! Can't wait, made a ton of "The Twins" shirts, hope you don't mind! <3 xx"

  "Twin, I want our fans to be called our 'quirks'." I said suddenly.

  "Why quirks?"

  "It fits us."

  "Okay?"

  I walked into school, said goodbye to the kid, and followed Twin down the hallway. We got our books, and as always, split for first period. She had science, I had history. 

  "Oh my god!!" a girl named Maddeline shreiked. Her and a girl named Lainy, who normally ignored me, ran up to me.

  "Lea! Sign my book!" Lainy said. Suddenly the whole class, aside from Dakota, who sat at his desk calmly, ran towards me asking for signatures. I turned for the hallway, and ran. I ran down to where Twin was standing. The halls were flooding, and without words, I knew they were chasing us. We'd never caused trouble like this before..

  The teachers, took an hour, finally got things under control, and called an emergency assembally. Annie and I were sat at a table in front of a line of people, who held out whatever they wanted signed. Finally Dakota got to the front of the line, and leaned on the table.

  "What do you want Dakota?"

  "To know what the hell is going on."

  "I don't know, actually. I know there's rumors about me and Liam Payne dating, and then Twin really is dating Harry Styles. Oh! And we've got a concert on Friday."

  He hadn't put anything out to sign, so I signed his arm. He retracted it.

  "A concert?" he asked, his eyebrow raised. 

  "The Twin's debut concert, to be exact. Three hundred people coming."

  "Good luck with that."

  "Thanks. You coming?" 

  He thought for a moment. His face unreadable. 

  "Where at?"

  "Check Twitter."

  "But--"

  "Next!" 

  Dakota walked over to Annie's signature, and as she reached out to sign him, he rolled his eyes while she quickly signed his bicep. A few people later, I spotted Peter at the middle of the never-ending-line. 

  "Twin!" I whispered while signing someone's cast. It was a sixth grade girl who broke her arm roller blading to volley ball practice. "Peter's here."

  "Why?"

  "I don't know!" 

  "Okay, next!" 

  We signed our hands off, until Peter appeared infront of me, pink diary in hand.

  "ERMERGERD! CAN I GET LIKE, YOUR LIKE, AUTOGRAPH?!" he mocked.  

  "Peter.." I said breathlessly.

  "Hey Lea."

  "Why are you here?"

  "Ella wanted a signature."

  "Got it."

  I quickly signed his book and he grabbed my arm as I waved him by. He leaned in.

  "There'll be a bunch of cameras here in about twenty seconds. Fix your hair. Be good, not stupid," he whispered before walking away casually. He was right. Twenty seconds later we were surrounded by reporters talking, shouting and flashing cameras at us. 

  "Twin?"

  "Yeah?"

  "We're famous."