Chapter Twenty Two: You Should Never Visit The Men's Room, When You Are a Lady

After dragging them to three games and making them try over and over throwing darts at a spinning wheel, we still hadn't won, and we were laughing hysterically. At some point, Harry had given up throwing towards the board, and instead was throwing them at the woman selling the darts. 

  When we finally left the game station, we went to get food. Liam bought me a crepe, and Harry bought one for Annie. I wouldn't have even asked, as they're super easy to make at home, but they had Nutella crepes, so I asked. He easily said yes, and I was like a five year old with a new toy. 

  "Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank youuuuu!!" I said while we waited for it. I was so excited. This was the most fun I'd ever had at a function I wasn't supposed to go to. My mom was slightly against the idea, but for some odd reason she let me go, no strings attached. Liam had obviously talked to her. There was no problem in that aside from the fact I was left out of the little deal they had. Nothing new.

  "You sure she needs more sugar? I think she's already running a little off the wire," Haz said in a very American voice. They had been talking in American accents every time we were in front of people, only cracking on tough words that Twin and I had to help with. 

  "It's fine. Lea, I hope you're having fun.." Liam said. I grinned. Even when he's talking in my native accent, he sounded like my Liam.

  "Guys. I want to ride that one," Twin said suddenly, gesturing to a ride I hadn't noticed. It was simple, but I didn't really feel up to a ride after the Ferris wheel ride. The man handed me my crepe, and Liam said thanks. 

  "I don't really feel up to it right now.. You guys gonna go?" Liam asked, taking his drink to a table we apparently claimed. 

  "I'll come with," Haz offered.

  "Yeah... I'm good..." I said. Annie scooped up what was left of her food and grabbed Harry's hand and ran for the ride. 

  "So, are you having a good time?" Liam asked. 

  "Yes! I really really am.. Thank you sooo much L-- ummm...."

  "We decided I'm Ryan, and he's Henry."

  "Thank you so much, Ryan? Jeez. I'd rather call you lamb."

  "Lamb?" he laughed. He almost choked on the drink he was taking.

  "Yeah, 'cause your like a lamb, and well, it's like a twang."

  "So... Henry and Lamb.. I am a type of meat.. Okay."

  "So, thank you, Lamb."

  "You're welcome, Lea."

  I laughed.

  "So.. I know... This is.. Ugh.. I feel conceited saying this.. But what happened to the posters? On your  wall?" He looked utterly confused. I felt really bad, and realized I didn't explain everything. He probably thought I had a grudge on them or something.. 

  "Well.. It's a long story, but I'm going to figure something out to put more up."

  "Your hard work... What happened?" This time, when his brow furrowed, he looked sort of pained.

  "My dad.." I swallowed a bite of my crepe and stared down for a minute. 

  "My dad did it, because he doesn't want me to love anything. He doesn't want me to grow up... And he knew about your visit.. So did Zach.. He hit me.." I looked down at my feet. I didn't want to talk, but I had to finish. "They both did. They left bruises.. I was in the hospital.. For a night.. Observation.. My ankle was sprained, and I had to walk home from the school on it.." I closed my eyes tight. "He's everywhere.. He even showed up at the hospital."

  "Lea, look at me."

  "Lamb.."

  "Look at me." 

  I'd never heard Liam be stern before, but he was definitely being authoritative right now, and I knew I had to listen. I looked up, and my already ruined mascara started to flood my face again. 

 "Lea," he scooted over to me, to where our faces were mere inches apart and he took my hands "I promise, as long as I'm around, he won't touch you. I may be soft and sweet, but I have people here, watching out for us. For you. And I promise-- No. I swear to you, that nothing will happen. But the only thing I want to know, is why didn't you tell me? Or Lou, or any of us?" He finished the sentence and I could hear the pain in his voice.

  "I was scared... I.. I didn't want to face it myself, let alone talk about it. He took apart two years  worth of hard work on those posters. He took away my freedom, and my life."

  "Lea, he didn't take your life away. You can still live your life, you just have to be that much more careful. I can tell you now, you're going to be the most amazing person one day, and I know this because you are now. You're amazing. Never be told any different."

  "Thank you.." I whispered.

  He took me into his arms and I snuggled into his shirt again. I had a habit of doing that, since his shirt was soft, and he smelled really good.

  I ran off to the bathroom, but Liam stopped me.

  "Lea?"

  "Yes?"

  "Ladies room's the other way. That's the mens room.."

  "Oh... Oops..." I flushed red, and he chuckled.

  Annie and Henry had gone on the ride a bunch more, and Liam and I decided to try one last time at a ball in the hole sort of game. It looked complicated, but that's the ones people usually win.

  The rule was that you had to get one ball in and you won a giant stuffed prize. Liam and I bought two balls each, and I failed my first try, and he got close. He threw his second ball, and it hit the man in the face. I laughed, and then I threw mine. It made it in, winning us any one of the giant prizes we chose. 

  I picked out a giant bug...thing, and Liam carried it like a badge of honor. Since I knew we'd have no room for it, I thought maybe Liam should keep it. But then, he snuck off to try again, and ended up winning a giant lamb. I gave him the bug, and he gave me the lamb. I laughed as I carried it, thinking about Annie's earlier freak out. We found her carrying the exact giraffe we saw earlier, and Haz had a pink one. Go figure. Annie hated pink.

  We walked to a big concert area, and listened to the band for a while. Liam's phone buzzed, but he smiled and pretended he didn't hear it. 

  The band area had a giant dance floor, and no one was on it, so Liam took my hand and pulled me out of my seat. He twirled me around and around, forcing me to dance. I started laughing, and he took my hands and we danced for what seemed like five minutes, but turned out to be an hour. 

  Liam's phone buzzed, and again he ignored it. 

  The band announced last song, a slow song, and Liam pulled me closer. I laughed, but I was sure my cheeks were as red as Louis' signature pants. I had my arms around his neck, and his arms around my waist. Standard dancing. 

  His phone buzzed again. And again. The song ended, and his phone buzzed again. 

  "Just check your phone already!" Annie shouted. I shot her a look. "What? We were all thinking it!"

  "I love you," Haz said, taking her hand and smiling his dimpled smile.

  Liam took out his phone, and looked at it. His face grew pale, and he looked as if he was going to pass out.

  "Who is it Lamb?" Annie asked. We all were suddenly worried, and Haz looked confused.

  "Danielle."