Chapter Three: What a Wonderful Day for a Pity Party.

"What the heck are we gonna make them Shay!?!" Annie whispered after dragging me to my room so they wouldn't hear her distress. She was frantically pacing the room and messing up her already wind-blown hair. Her mom had just called, telling us her house was ready, and that she could come down whenever. 

  "I'm not sure... Maybe we could--" I was cut off by a timid knock on the door following a series of anxious murmurs. I opened the door a crack to see what was going on, and Niall was pushing Liam, and Liam was pushing back at Niall. I assumed they were elected for the task of coming to check on us, and they were arguing over who had to ask. I laughed. "Yes?"

  "We were just..." Niall said getting off the floor where he fell when he and Liam noticed I had opened the door.

   "We were wondering if we could take you to two dinner? I mean, only if it's alright with you guys.." Liam said helping Niall up. Niall muttered something about us needing food, and that it was food, so who didn't want it, but Liam elbowed him. 

  "Um... I'd have to ask my mom.. And Annie's mom.." I worried.

  "We could ask," they said at once. 

  "Um... Okay. If it's okay with our moms, we'd love that.."

  "Why are you hiding your room?" Louis asked, coming down the hall, very obviously smirking.

  "Er... No reason?" I lied...Rather terribly.

  "It's a mess!" Annie shouted behind me. "Underthings, everywhere!" Okay, too far. I'd scold her for that later. 

  "I can handle mess," Louis said, crossing his arms. Niall broke out laughing and Liam smirked. Niall's laugh caught the attention of Harry and Zayn, who instantly got up to see what was happening. Harry was still carrying my dog, who he insisted was a cat. 

  "What's going on?" Harry asked, stroking the dog.

  "She's hiding her room," Louis informed them.

  "Really now..." Harry smirked.

  "We can fix that," Zayn grinned.

  "Yeah? What'cha gonna do?" I asked, pretending to be tough.

  "Well..." Suddenly all five of them kissed my head at the same time, making me stiffen. I then let go of the door and Louis scooped me up and out of the way.

  They then laughed and walked into my tiny room. The walls were covered in hand-drawn pictures of the boys, flags, 1D symbols, etc. They were so covered, it looked like a layer of wallpaper. Aside from a large spot towards the head of my bed, saved for something special. 

  "Whoa.." they said, no longer laughing, but rather scanning the walls. I blushed.

  "You drew these?" Niall gestured to the wall. I nodded meekly, still blushing terribly.

  "She did. I watched her. She takes hours and hours on them," Annie bragged. "She's working on this one now!" She pulled out my poster board that touched the floor, and reached up to my window. It was an outline of the British flag filled in with "1D". It was partially colored, but instead of blue, it was green, and instead of red it was orange. This was what I was saving for the head of my bed.

  "Wow...." they said again. Annie was crazy proud of me, and I liked her pride. When she wasn't showing the boys things I didn't even show my parents. 

  "This is amazing!" Zayn commented.

  "Simply brilliant!" Liam said.

  "Look at this one, it looks just like me! And I've got a cat!" Harry said, quite excited.

  "So this is what you were hiding.." Louis observed. He was still studying the walls.

  "I can't believe you did all this. It's really beautiful Lea," Niall said quietly.

  "But, I didn't do anything..." Liam said.

  "He said Lea not Liam," Zayn said.

  "Oh.."

  "Well, we'll go call your mum.. You guys can pick out your clothes or something.." Louis said dismissively.

  I laughed. "Where is it we're going?" 

  "You'll see," they said. The whole talking-in-sync thing, was really cute.

  "Just dress up," Niall grinned. Then they took my phone and closed my door. 

  "Put that away Twin! Seriously, I like it when you ASK!!" I scolded, shoving the poster back in its holder. "And, underthings everywhere?! Really?!"

  "Sorry Twin.. They needed to see it. You're an amazing artist, and you've always wanted them to see it, so I made that happen."

  "Oh.. How could I possibly be mad at that?" We hugged and then found the best clothes we had. It turned out, we had no dresses or skirts any more, so we went with jeans, and proceeded to the living room.

  "Your Mums said it was fine but-- Whoa.. Your wearing that?" Louis asked, his brow arched. Niall and Harry hit him over the head.

  "What he was so kindly trying to say, was your going to wear jeans?" Liam said.

  "It's all we've got," I said.

  "We can buy you something if you want," Niall offered.

  I declined, and Annie accepted at the same time, resulting in five confused looks towards us.

  "I couldn't use more of your money, you're already buying us dinner," I explained.

  "It's no big deal Lea," Harry said.

  "She just doesn't want you to pity her," Annie said, reading my mind as always.

  "Pity? What's pity got to do with it?" Niall asked.

  "Isn't that the whole reason you came here? Because you pity me and my situation?" I accused.

  "That's what caught our attention. But we're here because we want to be. You don't have to have new clothes, if you don't want them. You both look beautiful in what your in right now.  But don't think we're here to pity you. That's not it at all."

  "But... Niall... They're in jeans.." Louis whispered insistantly.

  "Fine, if you insist it has nothing to do with pity. I'd love a new dress," I sighed. I hated when others bought stuff for me. 

  "Great. Paul'll drop you two off at the mall. Buy whatever you want, and we'll go get dressed. We'll meet you there in the parking lot, and then we can go to the restaurant. Sound good?" Liam asked.