Slayers are here

for the past month, the residence with the mates has been quiet. well, quiet compared to fairy tail. a few interesting things have happened over the past month. one of them being midnight, gray and freed bonding over being there for some dumb reason. one of the things annoying them was that a few of the girls would literally not shut up about their mates. Yukino being a prime example. lucy being another one. they couldn't be blamed but it was very annoying to hear it for 1 month straight.

just then, when everyone was relaxing, they heard a roar. Gray cursed.

"alright, everyone partner up!" he yelled, running towards Lucy's room. everyone started pairing off and readying their magic, waiting for the slayers to come. they didn't have to wait long. 

there was a loud crash heard near Levy's group, like something tore through the building.

"gihi, where are you Levy" Gajeel's unmistakable voice echoed through the halls, nearing aforementioned bluenette. 

"there you are." Gajeel said from behind the pair. with a shriek, he picked up Levy and flew off to who knows where.

"LEVY!!!" Lisanna screamed after her, upset with herself for not being able to help her friend.

"Lisanna~" a voice sang from behind her.

'oh fuck' she thought as she began running into the opposite direction of the voice. before she knew it, she was tackled and pinned down. Mira, Who saw this, got ready to activate her magic. however, Natsu spoke one sentence that stopped that. he sniffed her and growled.

"she's not the one." he took off in an other direction, presumably to find lucy.

Mira, Lisanna, and freed, who was with Mira, stood frozen in shock, before snapping out of it.

"LUCY!" they were about to follow when they heard the tell tale crackle of lightning, signaling Laxus' arrival. there was a bright flash and sure enough, there Laxus stood in his hulking glory. Freed stepped in front of Mirajane, gearing up for a fight.

"stay back, Laxus. I won't let you kill Mira just because you can't control yourself." Freed said, however he wasn't as confident as he looked. this was Laxus for crying out loud. he certainly wasn't a push over. to his surprise, however, laxus just let out a chuckle.

"oh Freed, while i might just kill Mira, it won't be for the reason you're implying~" 

"what" Freed took an involuntary step back, his uncertainty showing on his face. Laxus grinned even more.

"you have a choice, Mate, either come with me willingly, or i'll simply take you."

Freed froze, palling as white as a sheet. seeing this, Laxus took the opportunity to lunge at the rune mage. fortunaly, (or unfortunately, depending on who you are) Mira was still perfectly functional, and pushed Freed out of Laxus' grasp, changing into a Satan soul and attacking the lightning dragon slayer.

"Freed RUN!" she shouted, luckily breaking him out of his shock, still a little miffed, he and Lisanna ran as fast as they could into the surrounding woods, only hearing the sounds of the fight going on behind them.

the only thing Freed could think was 'what the fuck'.